Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I have 2013 sxl yesterday I turned on my car like every morning went to work parked it didn't turn the car back on until about 3:00 p.m. and the car would not turn on the remote won't unlock it unless I put the key fob in the glove box where the key goes and the car turns on but my interior lights do not work my mirrors don't fold my trunk button doesn't work my – lights for turn signals or headlights doesn't turn on I went through the fuses and are all good is there anyone out there that might have an idea of what's going on because the dealer can't give me answers either

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL 2nd engine @ 121k
55 Posts
Start by checking battery voltage. Must be at least about 12.6. Next check battery connections are tight. Next check for any set or pending (no CEL light but a code is almost ready to set) CEL codes (if you don't have an odb2 reader go to autozone or like place, they will read for Free).

Let us know what you find.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,025 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Sounds like the battery in your keyfob is dead and just simply needs to be replaced.

if it turns out that it is defective, we do sell replacements on our website as well.

-David
K5 Optima Store

1 - 3 of 3 Posts