Kia Optima Forums banner

no longer a optima owner now a 2018 sonata owner

5K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  cardboard64 
#1 ·
I just traded in my 2012 sx and bought a 2018 sonata limited turbo. it has been fun here go lots of good tips and advise over the year so thank you to everyone Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Rim

See less See more
#12 ·
View attachment 225002 it seems almost the same as the optima i have to say the 8 speed trans is pretty nice here is a pic of it today after 20% tint
Hot ****! I suspected that Hyundai/KIA would be using the new 8-speed automatic in 2018 Sonata/Optima models. Yet again, Hyundai gets the upgrade before KIA models. So I predict that the 2019 Optima will get the 8 speed automatic. I may upgrade to a 2019 Optima SXL if it does.:D

Oh yeah, congrats on the new ride and it looks very nice. I am not fan of the Sonata styling, but the 2018 model does looks nice.

#11 · (Edited)
Mostly because of company cars my first New car purchase was in 2010 = '11 Sonata Ltd. which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Recent Rental was a basic Sonata & I loved the feel (& even pickup) Better than a Feature Loaded '17 Altima they had given me just before.
I fell for the Optima "Looks" and trusting the Hyundai "umbrella" I made a switch to the '14 EX, and then to my current '16 SXL.

Enjoy your new Turbo, which I said I never needed til I got one.

#14 ·
KIA did get the 8 speed first, it debuted in the Cadenza. I think KIA will wait until they do a mid cycle refresh on the Optima to put it out. Personally I’m hoping they are also working on tuning it for a more sporty driving response for their vehicles. Adding in that adaptive shock system from the Stinger would also be great. Who here wouldn’t want a sport mode that gave better throttle response, transmission performance, shocks that firm up along with the steering wheel to provide a better overall driving experience?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#17 ·
I was looking to trade in my 2015 sonata ultimate, but the lack of the pano roof,funny looking front end and no glove box light which seems like they cut corners there and who knows elsewhere led me to get the 2018 sxl.The sonata was a great car for me, no issues in three years.If they had just kept the pano roof like they still do in other countries on the 2018 I would have gotten one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.