Kia Optima Forums banner
791 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  red49er 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Saying hello for the first time on the forum. Picked up a SXL, all the options except the cargo hook, during the May sale and lovin' it. The car checks all the boxes for the options I wanted in a new car. My first question was if I could change the color of the interior lighting from red to something else but it doesn't look like its possible. Oh well. Looking forward to some great tips for my new car. Tinting, ceramic coating ideas etc...

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

of course I didn't read the 'stop read this first' thread. So I'll throw out my location and handle here and now:) Red or red49er is me and I'm near Santa Barbara Ca.

#2 ·
Hey there, welcome to the Optima Forums!

Congratulations on picking up your optima SX-L, what year did you get?

Oh cool, we’re also here in Southern California, in Los Angeles area.

You can definitely change the interior lighting, but I guess it depends on which lighting you’re referring to changing.

Let us know if there’s anything we can help you find.

-David

#4 ·
Hey all,

Saying hello for the first time on the forum. Picked up a SXL, all the options except the cargo hook, during the May sale and lovin' it. The car checks all the boxes for the options I wanted in a new car. My first question was if I could change the color of the interior lighting from red to something else but it doesn't look like its possible. Oh well. Looking forward to some great tips for my new car. Tinting, ceramic coating ideas etc...

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

of course I didn't read the 'stop read this first' thread. So I'll throw out my location and handle here and now:) Red or red49er is me and I'm near Santa Barbara Ca.
Welcome to Optima Forums red49er!

You can change the Interior Flood lights but not the Red Lighted Switches. I like the Red Lights as it doesn't affect Night Vision like Blue or White Lights will...............

#5 ·
Chief B was able to answer my 'problem'. I was talking about the red lighted switches

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

its a 2018. tint is first on my list.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Thanks Chief. Any thoughts on ceramic tinting vs regular color stable tinting? How about on a ceramic coating for appearance and protection?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.