Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Joe. I bought my 2019 SX in January and have been loving it. I came from a ‘17 2.0l Ford Fusion and I like this car a lot more I think. The interior is amazing, and the power train is very nice. A couple days ago I ordered a few things from K5OS, they came today and I can’t wait to install them.

I’m going to be getting an exhaust pretty soon, and I’m looking for something to make the rear end more aggressive and match the tips I’m going to get. I love the look of ducktails and have been looking for some. I haven’t been able to find many, other than the one from Keen Designs on K5OS. Unfortunately, as both Keen and David say, the ducktail won’t cover the holes from the factory spoiler completely.

I’ve been looking around and found a ducktail I like a lot from Carbon Pixels that says it fits a 2014-2016. I was wondering what the differences are between the ‘16 and ‘19, and if the ducktail for the ‘16 would fit.

The ducktail in question:
https://www.carbonpixels.com/product-page/kia-optima-k5-2014-2016-rear-spoiler-duck-tail

Does anyone have experience with Carbon Pixels, or maybe have a recommendation for a ducktail that would work for the ‘19 SX?

Thanks everyone in advance! I’m super excited to install the stuff I ordered and mod the car more afterwards. I’ll definitely be posting some pictures after.

-Joe

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,083 Posts
Hey Joe, welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2019 Kia Optima SX.

Thank you for your order with us on the website.

Yes there is a very very small portion of the hole that does not covered with the Keen Design trunk spoiler when replacing the OEM one.

That is a typo, it should have read 2014-2015 Optima on their site, as the 2016 is completely different.

-David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Joe, welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2019 Kia Optima SX.

Thank you for your order with us on the website.

Yes there is a very very small portion of the hole that does not covered with the Keen Design trunk spoiler when replacing the OEM one.

That is a typo, it should have read 2014-2015 Optima on their site, as the 2016 is completely different.

-David
Got it, that’s what I thought. I think I might just pick up the one from K5OS and look into filling the holes. I have some in the front bumper from the license plate bracket I want to get filled as well. Fortunately, because it’s summer in California, all the bug splats on the front bumper make it hard to see the license plate holes lol.

Thanks for the quick reply David, I’ve been very impressed with your website and the level of service you provide. I’m looking froward to buying more stuff in the future.

Thanks again,
-Joe

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,083 Posts
Got it, that’s what I thought. I think I might just pick up the one from K5OS and look into filling the holes. I have some in the front bumper from the license plate bracket I want to get filled as well. Fortunately, because it’s summer in California, all the bug splats on the front bumper make it hard to see the license plate holes lol.

Thanks for the quick reply David, I’ve been very impressed with your website and the level of service you provide. I’m looking froward to buying more stuff in the future.

Thanks again,
-Joe
I'll tell you, we've sold several for other SX owners that had a spoiler and never heard anything.

However, one customer contacted Keen Design and said there was a little tiny space showing of a hole, and they said they don't want to sell them for models that come with a spoiler because of that.

You may find that you are able to make it look good without much work at all.

You're very welcome Joe, it's my pleasure, and thank you for the kind words as well.

I look forward to working with you in the future.

I am looking into that spoiler for my 2013 SXL. Are the holes the same - ei, will I have the same problem?
Don't think it would work on the 2011-2013 Optima, definitely won't if they only offer it for the 2014-2015 models as of now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It would create more down-force and more drag than the stock one. But at the speeds normally driven, it's marginal. And I personally am looking at getting it more for aesthetics than functionality. I am just wondering form anyone who has it if it will cover the holes from the stock one or not. I just assumed that it would mount in the stock location and bolt down through the same holes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
K5Turbo
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing