Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 K5 SXL Turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New User woohoo. I'll be posting updates as I modify some upgrades into my K5. It's pretty clean and babied by previous driver (family) but there is some curb damage to some wheels. Not too bad overall and barely noticeable. I am pretty happy with the vehicle so far.

Anyone have any experience installing these DRLs with the quad fog? It seems they may or may not fit

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2015 Optima SX-L.

This is our product here, and unfortunately, I am pretty sure you cannot install them with the quad fog lights.

Let us know if you have any other questions of if there is anything we can help you find.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
2015 K5 SXL Turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yeah they look neat but unfortunate they don't fit the quad fog - I am a big fan of the quad fog btw. I took advantage of the Thanksgiving sale to get some aesthetic and lighting upgrades (quad fog being 1 of them). If I want to match the headlights to the brighter quad fogs which would that be?

I'm not sure if I want to get into the tuning side of it for a while because I am pretty satisfied with the engine.. I am coming from a 08 Honda CRV so anything is amazing to me.

I am however interested in some handling upgrades eventually. Not sure if I will stick with stock wheels but if I went with lowering springs plus the TrueHart struts/shocks is there any issues with stock wheels like sitting too low or rubbing? Would TrueHart still work if I went with coilovers?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2015 Optima SX-L.

This is our product here, and unfortunately, I am pretty sure you cannot install them with the quad fog lights.

Let us know if you have any other questions of if there is anything we can help you find.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Thanks, yeah they look neat but unfortunate they don't fit the quad fog - I am a big fan of the quad fog btw. I took advantage of the Thanksgiving sale to get some aesthetic and lighting upgrades (quad fog being 1 of them). If I want to match the headlights to the brighter quad fogs which would that be?

I'm not sure if I want to get into the tuning side of it for a while because I am pretty satisfied with the engine.. I am coming from a 08 Honda CRV so anything is amazing to me.

I am however interested in some handling upgrades eventually. Not sure if I will stick with stock wheels but if I went with lowering springs plus the TrueHart struts/shocks is there any issues with stock wheels like sitting too low or rubbing? Would TrueHart still work if I went with coilovers?

Thanks!
Awesome, happy to hear that you took advantage of the sale we are running that ends tonight at midnight.

If you wanted to match the headlights to the quad lights, you would want to go with one of the two plug & play option below:

1) Morimoto XB HID D1S Bulbs - K5 Optima Store (Same brightness as stock, but order 5,500k to match the quad fogs)

2) OSRAM XENARC 66140 CBI HID D1S Bulbs - K5 Optima Store (20% brighter than the stock HID bulbs, and cool white in color)

The TruHart Shocks/Struts DO NOT work on stock springs, as indicated in the listing on our site. (You need to have lowering springs installed)

The TruHart coilovers would work with your 2015 Optima SX-L. However, if you are asking if the TruHart Shocks/Struts are compatible with the TruHart coilovers, that would not be needed, as the coilovers come with their own strut/shock assemblies.

Hope that helps..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts