Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So my new toy just came called the Ultragauge. I wanted something to read boost levels, but this thing fit the bill nicely at only $70. Here are pics of my install and my awesome mount made with office supplies.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Looks cool.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
05/2012 ROTM
1,005 Posts
So it just pulls data from OBDII like the Torque app? No mechanical readings?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Everyone

mikew2069 - yes it just obdII data. No other wires needed.

Adrian97c - the gauge comes with the plastic mount.. i guess i could ship the paper clip if you really need haha. It takes about 5 min to make. and not cutting necessary!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But to the OP: what numbers have you noticed in terms of boost? I also have that gauge and I don't ever get any more than 15 psi at WOT.

Please let me know, I'm trying to see if I have an issue here.

Thanks again!

·
Bazinga!
1,961 Posts
It reads directly from the data stream on the ecm. If it is showing you 15psi, then that is what your ecm is seeing too which means either you are really only boosting 15psi, or you have a faulty map sensor. Im gonna guess its really boosting 15psi.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It reads directly from the data stream on the ecm. If it is showing you 15psi, then that is what your ecm is seeing too which means either you are really only boosting 15psi, or you have a faulty map sensor. Im gonna guess its really boosting 15psi.
Right, but I'm more interested in what the OP says he's seeing. Who knows - maybe the polling interval is to slow and I'm just not seeing the 17 on my gauge until it has come and gone.

He says he uses this gauge to monitor his boost values - so lets see what he has to say - if he sees the thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
dolsson
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing