Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrecked My 2019 Sliding on Ice in the Midwest. The body shop I took it to had the car 90% done within a week. Its been sitting for almost 3 weeks waiting for Headlight Assemblies. The shop is telling me there are no headlight assemblies in the US. How can that possible be? Have too many of them been wrecked and used up all the supply? Do they think they are never going to get into an accident so why bother stocking them? What's the deal? I am almost wishing they totaled it so I can stop going broke renting a car.
Please help me with some input before I loose my mind!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums!

Sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad to hear that it’s 90% done within a week.

No idea what would cause the shortage of the headlamp assemblies.

Hope they are able to get that to you soon so you can get your car back.

Let us know if there’s anything we can help you find to personalize your Optima a bit.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
178 Posts
I wrecked My 2019 Sliding on Ice in the Midwest. The body shop I took it to had the car 90% done within a week. Its been sitting for almost 3 weeks waiting for Headlight Assemblies. The shop is telling me there are no headlight assemblies in the US. How can that possible be? Have too many of them been wrecked and used up all the supply? Do they think they are never going to get into an accident so why bother stocking them? What's the deal? I am almost wishing they totaled it so I can stop going broke renting a car.
Please help me with some input before I loose my mind!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts