Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just picked up a 2011 SX in really nice shape. 116k miles, pulls smooth and was well taken care of. Ill get a pick up soon here, its getting some work done on it as we speak.

From Wisconsin, nick name is Funky Fresh Coolio McChickensworth. Or Bob.

Looking forward to doing some more research on tuning, and getting more parts ordered. Just my daily driver, want to make it a little faster though. So far got the intake in, had tinted windows (Black ext), hooked up an Excellon amp with a 10" L7 ported for a little extra bass, and new K emblems on the way.

Next will likely be Lap3 or similar, the HKS plugs, Occ's, down pipe, and maybe a cat back. Not sure on going full catless yet.

Also anyone with upgrades to 19" wheels notice a ride/mpg difference? Ill be driving in eco mode a good amount of the time. Wanted a sporty sedan with good mpgs still. Seemed to fit the bill!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome, and depending on the type of 19" tires e.g. load range/speed rating, the ride could be decent, and as far a gas mileage, the 2.0 T is a poor choice.
You'll have a lot of fun with the car though.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,083 Posts
Welcome to the community forum Bob!

Congrats on picking up your 2011 Optima SX turbo model.

Glad to have you with us here part of the team.

Let us know if you have any questions or if there’s anything we can help you find.

-David

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Hey all, just picked up a 2011 SX in really nice shape. 116k miles, pulls smooth and was well taken care of. Ill get a pick up soon here, its getting some work done on it as we speak.

From Wisconsin, nick name is Funky Fresh Coolio McChickensworth. Or Bob.

Looking forward to doing some more research on tuning, and getting more parts ordered. Just my daily driver, want to make it a little faster though. So far got the intake in, had tinted windows (Black ext), hooked up an Excellon amp with a 10" L7 ported for a little extra bass, and new K emblems on the way.

Next will likely be Lap3 or similar, the HKS plugs, Occ's, down pipe, and maybe a cat back. Not sure on going full catless yet.

Also anyone with upgrades to 19" wheels notice a ride/mpg difference? Ill be driving in eco mode a good amount of the time. Wanted a sporty sedan with good mpgs still. Seemed to fit the bill!

Thanks!
Welcome. Many members use 19 and 20" wheels without issue. Jut always research the weight of the rims and the weight of rubber.
Lots of upgrade choices. Enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Got more parts on the way, more to come. It still will beat the mpgs on my Enclave I've been driving more since my BNR turbo on my speed6 started acting up. Gotta take it apart and send it in. Had been wanting a better daily for a while and came across this one.

Have been averaging 33mpg so far first tank, up from probably 18 in the AWD enclave. Need it for the boat though lol!

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Thanks guys. Got more parts on the way, more to come. It still will beat the mpgs on my Enclave I've been driving more since my BNR turbo on my speed6 started acting up. Gotta take it apart and send it in. Had been wanting a better daily for a while and came across this one.

Have been averaging 33mpg so far first tank, up from probably 18 in the AWD enclave. Need it for the boat though lol!
I averaged 38mpg at 80mph (on cruise) on a trip to Chicago before with my turbo optima. :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I averaged 38mpg at 80mph (on cruise) on a trip to Chicago before with my turbo optima. :)
:shocked:
What was that, with an 80mph tail wind and using the instrument calculation?
Years ago, on our Jeep Grand Cherokee V-8, I hit 92 mpg on the way home one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Turbonut
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing