Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys,

Chad here, from Dallas, Texas. I currently own a 2013 snow white pearl Optima EX. Currently, the only "mods" that I have done to it is have the factory 17" rims powder-coated to a semi-gloss black, as well as plasti-dipping the rear "Optima" and "EX" emblems black. I just placed an order through Karbon Koncepts for 3 black K5 emblems, (for the front, rear, and steering wheel). I am also emailing back and forth with Magnaflow regarding the purchase of a couple Magnaflow mufflers! (However, I am rather uneducated when it comes to technical parts such as the exhaust system, therefore I could use some guidance when it comes to what exactly to purchase). I am aiming at finding a part that will increase the sound input from the exhaust at acceleration, and provide more of a deeper tone/purr. However, I do not want anything over the top, or too-loud. Therefore, any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated, and I hope to continue to find valuable information here on optima forums! Thanks guys.

Chad

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,219 Posts
Hey Chad, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Optima EX.

Make sure to post up some pics of your ride as we all love pictures on this forum. :grin:

After you're cleared to post in other sections on the site, I'd post a new thread about your exhaust questions so it will be seen more by other members. Not everyone will come into the new member section.

If there is anything we can help you with, don't hesitate to reach out.

David

·
Registered
2013 Hybrid KOH
264 Posts
Another fellow SWP owner. Welcome!

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
Chad, welcome to the forums!! Great choice in color

Thanks for your purchase! We really appreciate your business, I can't wait to see pictures of the badges installed!

When it comes to exhaust in my opinion ARK is by far the best sounding for the Optima. Check out this thread of exhaust sounds members have submitted.

Exhaust Videos-Optima

I would love to talk exhaust options with you when you get a chance and answer any questions you have. Shoot me a PM or email me at [email protected]
-Paul

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all! Excited to get started on here.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Thanks for your purchase! We really appreciate your business, I can't wait to see pictures of the badges installed!
Thanks, can't wait to see the badges as well. However, I ordered them through you guys at Karbon Koncepts on may 22 and have still not received my new emblems! I have been told that you guys are normally great about getting the products out as quickly as possible; so I emailed customer service. They let me know that my emblems (black) are currently on backorder, and are waiting to clear customs. Hopefully I will get them soon, pretty excited to throw them on!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts