Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else receive a letter from Kia about SC189 F101?
It pertains to our 2011 Optima and we are on a road trip. Saw the letter on our USPS informed delivery screenshot but wont know what it is until we get back.
Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,600 Posts
I'm sticking my neck out and say it has to do with emissions control.
They'll check the canister and possibly install an auxiliary unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would having the auxillary canister possibly affect the performance of the AC? Ever since they performed the recall work my AC is acting funny. It will blow cold for a while and the drivers side will blow hot.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
613 Posts
From a Search for SC189 F101 = Optima result .............

This bulletin provides information on the installation of an auxiliary EVAP canister on some 2011-2015MY Optima (TF) vehicles equipped with Theta 2.4L GDI engines, produced from August 12, 2010 through July 23, 2015. This is to improve evaporative system performance and ensure compliance with Federal and California emission regulation standards. Before conducting the procedure, verify the vehicle is included in the list of affected VINs.
Note: The existing canister should not be uninstalled or replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else receive a letter from Kia about SC189 F101?
It pertains to our 2011 Optima and we are on a road trip. Saw the letter on our USPS informed delivery screenshot but wont know what it is until we get back.
Thanks
Just 2011? Cuz it's on my renewal notice and I'm 2015?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah!
It is the install of an auxiliary EVAP canister. Didn't take long....waited at the dealer for it.
And it is 2.4 engines from 8/2010 through 7/2015

1 - 9 of 9 Posts