Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Dave Harris and have a 2 month old 2011 SNW EX with about 1K miles and love the car! In fact, traded my 07 Lexus for it and do not miss the Lexus at all. I'm located in Mooresville, just north of Charlotte and my dealer Keffer Kia is great; I've purchased two used cars from them in two years; this is my first new one.

I'm still learning the vehicle; and love all the options; mine has the premium and tech packages, heated steering wheel, etc, and the quality has wowed me.

Two issues I've wondered about: the first is minor; the Homelink buttons do not light up as I've read on here and per my dealer; so I placed a small piece of black velcro under the button to 'feel' it at night. Does anyone think there would be a way to wire it to light up?

The second issue I've just noticed with colder weather: when you start the car, cold air immediately blows inside if the climate control is on; every other car I've had the air is off until the engine temp is warmer. My dealer says this is normal; but, is it? Any ideas if there is a way to delay it until warmed like most cars? Right now, I try to remember to turn off the heat system as soon as I start the car; and wait a few minutes for it to get warm; kind of frustrating!

Thanks for all the great info I'm learning on this site, and, what a great group of happy owners; I agree this is one heck of a car in all ways!

Dave Harris
Mooresville, Nc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave and welcome to the forums!
Hi back and thank you! Great, great forum. But, I'm having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to post a new thread or question; so used the new member into page...would you mind educating me on what I am missing on the website to post questions? My status does say I can post new items; just can't figure out how...My other car's forum has a clear method for posting; confused here!
thanks again!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
:welcome:
It's good to see another NC driver on here! They are very few to come by.
I def wanna get a meet and greet together sometime this summer! I'm from Durham.

And for the air blowing in, ive never had this function before. I may be confused to what you are talking about but I normally dont start the air until i know the air is going to be warm. None of the cars Ive owned previously have delayed air flow until its warm enough (then again this is my first brand new nice car). lol

As far as your question there should be a button in the top left part of the forum section you are wanting to post in that says "New Thread".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey, thanks fellow NC owner! love the car, and agree not many on the road here. living at Lake Norman, we do have a great dealer here ( Keffer Kia), so I see lots of Kias; just not many of the new EX/SX...saw one on the highway the other day which was a SWP twin of mine; we both were checking each other out for several miles...was great to see 'my' car from another car's viewpoint ( it looked great!)
dave h.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know I'm bringing up an old post, but I gotta say hey to Dave, lol. I just bought an Optima from Keffer last week, and they ARE great to deal with. I live over in China Grove, we may have to get together sometime.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi back, and welcome; great looking car! Keffer has always been great to deal with. I have bought 4 cars from them and pleased with each one. recycled two of them back through Keffer for the new Optima in Sept., and a low mileage Toyota 'vert last month...good service department; Justin S. is terrific service advisor and so is the mgrs. Karri or Steve...who was your salesperson?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Welcome to the Family....

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi back, and welcome; great looking car! Keffer has always been great to deal with. I have bought 4 cars from them and pleased with each one. recycled two of them back through Keffer for the new Optima in Sept., and a low mileage Toyota 'vert last month...good service department; Justin S. is terrific service advisor and so is the mgrs. Karri or Steve...who was your salesperson?
My salesperson was Miles, he just started there the beginning of the year but he was selling hyundai's before that. Everyone up there has been great, I was impressed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My salesperson was Miles, he just started there the beginning of the year but he was selling hyundai's before that. Everyone up there has been great, I was impressed.
I've met Miles; he sold my last trade ( 95 jag convert) a couple of weeks ago to a great senior couple in Matthews, NC....nice young guy. I really do recommend the people in service; the manager especially is great; very fair and listens and tries super hard to please; hope you continue to have good results with them; I have no complaints with them at all ( or with my EX; love it still)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts