Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Im the new owner of a 2015 Titanium Gray Optima EX, located in Central Florida. I've decided to name it Otto and am thinking about plasti dipping the wheels gloss black until I can purchase a new set of wheels and tires. I'd like to get some use out of the tires on the car now as the dealership put new ones on before they sold it to me. I'm loving the car so far, my only gripe so far is the steering, I constantly have to correct the steering to keep it in the lane one the highway. I've done a little bit of reading on here and it seems to be a common issue and can be fixed by an adjustment to the cars computer at the dealership, hopefully that works. Also, I've done some reading about the issue with the engine but it seems to only effect the 2011 - 2014 models. My Optima was manufactured on July 8, 2015. Do you think I have anything to be concerned about? On the other hand, I'm looking forward to talking with you all!

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima SWP
280 Posts
Good Morning Otto and welcome to Optima Forums!......................

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks guys! Regarding the engine issue, is there anything I should be looking out for or any preventative maintenance that I can do to make sure the engine lasts a long time. And also If I'm not mistaken, I think I read somewhere that there was a recall on the engine and the warranty was extended to 120,000 miles. I know that Kias 10 year 100,000 mi warranty doesn't transfer to the 2nd owner, does anyone know if the extended warranty on the engine transfers to the 2nd owner?

Thanks again :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums. :wave:

Nice to meet you and Otto!

Hope to see you around the forums.

-David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys! Regarding the engine issue, is there anything I should be looking out for or any preventative maintenance that I can do to make sure the engine lasts a long time. And also If I'm not mistaken, I think I read somewhere that there was a recall on the engine and the warranty was extended to 120,000 miles. I know that Kias 10 year 100,000 mi warranty doesn't transfer to the 2nd owner, does anyone know if the extended warranty on the engine transfers to the 2nd owner?

Thanks again :)
I’m currently looking at a 2015 EX as well, so I’d like to know about these engine issues too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts