Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima Sx
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Nickname is Bubba(been that since a baby) From Jacksonville FL.

Just bought my first Optima yesterday. 2015 SX. First impression is I'm mad I didnt go Optima sooner. Any advice or anything feel free to comment. Always looking for tips and waht to look out for on the cars I own.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,523 Posts
Welcome, and make certain all recalls as well as updates have been done, so if not certain have the dealer run the VIN. These engines leave a lot to be desired and with what they call the KSDS update you'll also receive a lifetime engine warranty for what they refer to as a debris issue, but in reality it's just the crappy engine design.
Need anything just ask.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima 2013 Optima EX
17 Posts
I agree fully with Turbonut. I have a 2013 EX that I have had for almost 6 years (2nd owner). About a month ago on a long drive to visit family, my engine seized. It took a month to get my car back, but the issue was covered by Kia and I got a new engine. However, it sounds like you won't get the new engine if you don't have the Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS) that he mentioned. I got lucky because I went to Kia for a different issue back in 2018, about a month after they made the update available. I got the update, and 3 years later my engine fails. New engine! So really make sure you get those updates and recalls addressed. Congrats on the Optima. I love mine and plan to drive it for as long as possible, especially now that it's paid off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts