Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, a project I'd backed on Indiegogo finally arrived: the Hudway Drive

It's not quite what the demo videos show, but it's pretty close...

Here it is mounted in my (finally) finished cockpit rig:
Car Vehicle Mirror Speedometer Motor vehicle

And at Night:
Speedometer Odometer Automotive lighting Trip computer Gauge

Thoughts: it’s pretty decent, all things considered.
There’s a little distortion where the reflector mounts to the projector assembly, but nothing you’d notice if you weren’t specifically looking for it.
Overall, the build quality is very good, and the unit connected to my phone with no issues.
Routing the power connection was very easy, and I connected it to the power adapter without incident.
I did not use the OBD-II connection, as I have integration with my car handled by Torque, but I did test it, and it was responsive and accurate.
The widgets you configure from your phone are easy to understand and use.

All in all, not a bad device. With upgrades to the software, this will be an excellent piece of kit.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Over the past week, I went on a driving vacation, and it really proved itself. Hudway uses OpenStreetMap for navigation, and even though it sometimes takes you to some out-of-the-way routes, I still avoided being stuck in traffic 90% of the time. At this point, I'd say it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK so top left is torque. Top right is backup camera, bottom right is batman signal or some kind of audio?

OHHHHHHhhhhh wait there is top middle, like invisible display? How does that work?
It's a semitransparent reflector. The lens sees the projected image, and bounces it back to your eyes, but it's curved so it stays in focus, and you can still see through it.

Ans yes, the "Batman Signal" is just a visualizer for my music player. It's a Galaxy S7, with a massive memory card, and it has all 200+ GB of my music on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts