Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! The rules said I needed to give a nickname and location I guess so call me C from Wisconsin, and I own a 2009 Kia Optima LX. Best daily commuter ever. ESC helps a lot in winter. Bought the car in Oct. 2018 with 87k mi, now it has ~110k. Quite the upgrade from the '97 Neon I had as my first car...

No performance modifications but I did modify the sound system with a Pioneer 1200w amp, matched single sub in a ported box and a touchscreen Kenwood radio. Also added a back-up cam (routing wires was interesting, not the typical wire colors, had to do tests. I just borrowed power from the reverse light's wire to power the camera).

I know this is a forum for 2011's and up but I'm sure people on here appreciate the classics! Kinda hard to find info on the 2nd generation '08-'09s.

As with any car over 100k, I've already replaced the brakes and tires. Probably going to replace the fluids, belts, and plugs, and also keep a close eye on my suspension and water pump/timing belt.
Hope everyone has a nice day.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,600 Posts
Welcome C, and I, or the daughter has the '08 Optima we purchased new, 300,000 miles and going strong. I assume yours is a V-6 with the timing belt, and that is an annoyance, needing a chang every 60,000 miles. That's one reason I stayed with the 2.4, no belt.
Good luck and if you need anything just ask and hopefully you'll get some feedback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts