Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Hans! I signed up for the forum because I need help with bad scratches on a car. My family own a Kia Optima 2015 Smokey Blue colored and has been fully paid. What tools do I need to repaint/fix these scratches at home? (and its procedures)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen videos on Youtube that they only use a compound and a polisher, will those really work? And I'm not too sure what compounds and polishers would be suitable for my case

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,386 Posts
You can try a polish/cleaner, nothing abrasive, but looks like it's through the paint, so if no body damage, meaning body hasn't been compromised, dents, etc need to wet sand, spray color, clear. Sounds easy, but time consuming and spot panting, blending is a talent.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
Yeah if you run your fingernail across the scratches and it gets caught, then yeah no miracle scratch remover will mask those scratches...and probably will need to do more than using a compound and polisher as well. It's somewhat difficult to know for sure based on a picture but I agree with Turbonut that the scratches look like they've gone through the paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts