1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
SWP 2020 Kia Optima SX Turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nickname: balsawood

Hi Everyone,
I'm hoping to be purchasing a used 2020 Kia Optima SX Turbo this week and decided to join the forum before I got it. It has 10k miles and is cheaper than any higher mileage ones closer by. I'm calling in the morning to confirm they still have it.
We recently traded a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee before the air ride and AC cost us a fortune and got a 2020 Honda Accord Sport. I jumped the gun on the Honda excited about a new car and the blue color, then realized how sparse it really is on features. I currently also have a 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT I got new that I've been pretty rough on for 109k miles, with only needing to change a battery, coil plug, and oil pan gasket, so I wanted to stay with Hyundai or Kia. Anyways, carmax offered more than I paid on the Honda and hopefully this dealer will match it so I can just drive up and save on some taxes with a trade in.
I'm excited to have a nicer and sportier car, and my wife will get back all of the convenience and safety features she was used to in the Jeep. From my research it looks like this will be a great long term car, and I'm looking forward to using the forums for info along the way.
Adam

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
Welcome and hope the deal goes through. As a second owner the warranty is 5/60, unless the dealer certifies the vehicle then 100k miles, so only question I would have is that with the crappy engine in the Hyundai/Kia, 2.4 and 2.0T, the 2020 isn't included in the settlement so what does the future hold in store if the engine goes?
As far as I know, the 2020 2.0T isn't any different from the previous years where the engines can become oil burners and/or are prone to seizures.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @balsawood

Congrats on soon becoming a new Optima owner.

Glad to have you on the forums here, and hope to see you around Adam.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you find to personalize the ride a bit. ;)

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @balsawood

Congrats on soon becoming a new Optima owner.

Glad to have you on the forums here, and hope to see you around Adam.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you find to personalize the ride a bit. ;)

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
SWP 2020 Kia Optima SX Turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I got the car today. I left from north Houston, TX at 2am and got to the dealer in Oklahoma City right at 9am when they opened. Traded a 15k mile 2020 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T for a 10k mile 2020 Kia Optima SX for practically an even trade. It drove great the whole 400 miles home and I'm really happy with the car.
Photos added below.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts