Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here but I wanted to ask this community if anyone has had experience with the 2016 SXL Turbo with the 2L 4Cyl engine, and replacing the alternator with a high output one. I ordered one from power b*stards that is supposed to be a direct fit. On top of that I also am running an Optima Yellowtop battery with it. Have any of you want replaced the stock alt with a high output one and how is it working out so far?

·
Registered
13 Ebony SXL Turbo Touring & Tech Pkgs: Original Everything 195K Drag wheels
440 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a PowerBastards 250+ AMP High Output Alternator, installed it and it works great, I get a constant 14.4 Volts at the battery terminals even while running my Skar Audio RP1200.1D with two SDR-12S at full tilt, Checked temps on factory wires as well and they are holding up perfectly fine. I replaced the factory battery with an Optima YellowTop as well, one thing I would like to note here about replacing the stock alt with a new one is that the Bearing on the Alternator that connects with the belt may squeak a bit at first but sorts itself out once it's broken in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a PowerBastards 250+ AMP High Output Alternator, installed it and it works great, I get a constant 14.4 Volts at the battery terminals even while running my Skar Audio RP1200.1D with two SDR-12S at full tilt, Checked temps on factory wires as well and they are holding up perfectly fine. I replaced the factory battery with an Optima YellowTop as well, one thing I would like to note here about replacing the stock alt with a new one is that the Bearing on the Alternator that connects with the belt may squeak a bit at first but sorts itself out once it's broken in.
I ordered a high output alternator for a 2018 Kia optima sport 2.4 from autotech but they said I need to get a serpentine belt a half of inch smaller how did you figure out which one it is

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered a high output alternator for a 2018 Kia optima sport 2.4 from autotech but they said I need to get a serpentine belt a half of inch smaller how did you figure out which one it is
So I just yolo'd it because the pulley on the new alt was the same size as my old one, with belts usually you can go to an auto parts store website and see what your car takes, then take that number and take half an inch off of it, or see if AutoTech has a reviews section for what you bought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts