Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just joined the forum. We bought a 2018 Kia Optima SX Turbo 22k on the odometer. Pretty happy with the car so far. We have only put wheels, tires, and tinted the windows. It’s very quick and has just about every option available. Now it’s time to learn from everyone else and share some of our own experiences. I’m looking forward to hearing about everyone’s mods!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,591 Posts
Welcome and what are they 20" wheels? First should be a modification to get that HP up a bit and make it more lively, but many other options for body upgrades.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome and what are they 20" wheels?
20"x 8.5" Sevizia Wheels SE429 Black Machined Rims wrapped with Zenna 235/35zr20 tires. Im not sure what the offset was, but I can find out. They really pop with the cars little bits of chrome and we dont have any issues with rubbing.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,591 Posts
There are always people looking for 20"wheels that don't rub, so if you can get the offset it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
Somewhat-rhetorical question--if the overall diameter and tire tread width (give or take a fraction of an inch or two) of the 20" wheel/tire combo is more or less the same as that of the OEM 17" or 18" tire/wheel, then wouldn't logic dictate that one can reference the same wheel offsets as that of the factory wheel? Although I would imagine that the wheel width itself (e.g, 20 x 8.5, 20 x 9) might/would be a factor, in which case just knowing the offset wouldn't be enough since I'd think that you'd need a different offset depending on how wide a wheel you go with. If I'm wrong here about the wheel width being a factor, then the question I posed above should still hold...

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,591 Posts
My buddy tonester, here's where you can calculate the movement of the wheel when comparing with a factory wheel. Just plug in the width and offset of the factory wheel and the width/offset of wheel in question and you'll see how the wheel moves.
Wheel offset calculator:

Naturally one needs to know the hub bore so that another wheel needs to be the same or larger in which case one can purchase hub bore adapters, then the tire size comes into play.......................

Have fun.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,732 Posts
Hey @Load182 welcome to the Optima Forums. Congrats on getting your 2018 Optima SX Turbo.

Love the wheels, let us know if there is anything we can help you find to personalize your ride even more. ;)

-David
K5 Optima Store

1 - 7 of 7 Posts