Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. This is Bob from Bristol, CT and I am a new member who just purchased a 2012 Optima SX from my GF. 103,000 miles in grey. I'm a former mechanic and service manager who ran a garage in the eighties but now I'm an MD PhD. I want to learn more about this car (first turbocharged vehicle) on as well as doing all my own repairs. I also have a '06 Accord 4 cyl auto with 146,000 and a '89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC with 197,000. Looking forward to hearing from you all!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
Welcome, and with that car I'm sure you'll use some of you aquired skills.
Just make certain all updates & recalls have been done, lifetime engine warranty.
Might never need it, but with these engines one never knows.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, and with that car I'm sure you'll use some of you aquired skills.
Just make certain all updates & recalls have been done, lifetime engine warranty.
Might never need it, but with these engines one never knows.
I hear a gurgle in the heater core-2 previous cars blew a head gasket prior to losing heat inside the car. Also Crowley Kia in Bristol may not have bern changing the oil. Also, when my GF still had the car the MIL showed a turbo malfunction that they didn't fix; the wastegate rod fell off. Still. I will try to be optimistic.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums Bob, glad to have you with us here.

Congrats on getting your 2012 Optima SX Turbo, my 1st new Kia as well.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you find to personalize your ride a bit.

-David
K5 Optima Store

1 - 5 of 5 Posts