Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, excited about my recent purchase and joining the community here. Just bought a Black 2013 Optima SXL. Got a good deal on it, the wheels were rough but that wasn’t a problem since the plan is to black it out as the weather gets better here in the ol’ Pac NW.

Attachments

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,742 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2013 Optima SX-L.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you find for your ride.

-David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome , great looking car and you'll keep yourself busy with the black, but they sure look great when cleaned up..
You're absolutely right! LOL. I'm already closely following some posts in the detailing forum about products for black cars. I'm trying to decide how much work on the paint I want to do and possibly ceramic coat it....? This is the first car I've really given a rip about, so caring for a car outside of regular maintenance and the monthly trip to the car wash is a new thing for me haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2013 Optima SX-L.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you find for your ride.

-David
Thank you so much! Already the forum has been a wealth of information, thank you! This is sort of my laundry list of stuff I'm working on or plan to do:
  • All season floor mats (found some options from this forum)
  • Wash, wax, detailing products for a black car
  • Delete the chrome (except for badges). Getting a few quotes, if they're all as high as the first I got ($825!?!?) I'll try my hand at it myself :p
  • Fix or replace wheels - my chormies are well curbed and chipped. I found a guy on this forum that fixed themt himself: sand, prime, metallic black, clear coat with Rustoleum. I might give that a try since I like my wheels' design.

Then I think I'll be set for a bit. Already love the car. Drives well, comfortable, great amenities, and a crazy good value!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,742 Posts
Thank you so much! Already the forum has been a wealth of information, thank you! This is sort of my laundry list of stuff I'm working on or plan to do:
  • All season floor mats (found some options from this forum)
  • Wash, wax, detailing products for a black car
  • Delete the chrome (except for badges). Getting a few quotes, if they're all as high as the first I got ($825!?!?) I'll try my hand at it myself :p
  • Fix or replace wheels - my chormies are well curbed and chipped. I found a guy on this forum that fixed themt himself: sand, prime, metallic black, clear coat with Rustoleum. I might give that a try since I like my wheels' design.
Then I think I'll be set for a bit. Already love the car. Drives well, comfortable, great amenities, and a crazy good value!
You're very welcome.

If you haven't seen these already, check them out here: WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Liners - K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
111 Posts
Yea, they are great cars, and fun to drive. Ceramic coating will definitely help keep it clean (real ceramic coating, not the sprays). As for the blackout, try it yourself first, the cost is negligible (just the wrap supplies) and if it doesn't turn out, pull it off and have it done somewhere. if it turns out well, you saved a bunch of money! worth a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.