Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -- Just bought a used 2013 LX for my daughter. First time Kia owners. I have a few questions and will try to post in the right forums!

Thanks in advance for everyone's help and input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way I'm in Western Massachusetts.

My key questions:

- Key Fob. We have one non-SMART keyfob. If I buy one online to have a spare -- can I program it myself.

- Keys: The LX seems to have non-transponder keys (goodness). correct? I can get them pretty much anywhere?

- Radio. We have the stock LX radio with XM/Satellite and CD support. I would love to swap it with something more modern. Would a UVO radio drop right in? Posts on this are very confusing. I don't want to replace all sorts of stuff.

- Bluetooth. The car allows my daugther's iphone to play via bluetooth. But the steering wheel controls don't work for track skipping, etc. Any solution?

thanks

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Hi there, welcome to the Optima Forum community!

Congrats on getting your 2013 Optima LX! :cool:

Most likely not, you would need to have the dealer program it for you.

A UVO Radio would not drop right in, but we do have something available.

We carry the 100% plug & play OEM style Navigation System below.

UNAVI X5 (OEM Integrated Navigation System) - K5 Optima Store

Expensive, but we can offer you a forum discount if you are interested.

Not sure why you would be having issues with the steering wheel controls working.

Anyhow, let me know if I can be of assistance.

-David

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to the forum. David is dead on. as far as the key, if it's non-transponder/non keyfob, I would imagine you can have one cut anywhere. I can't be sure, as I have an SXL with smart key fob, but that would be my thinking. I'm sure someone else will chime in with first hand knowledge...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A UVO Radio would not drop right in, but we do have something available.

-David

Based on my reading, there seem to be two UVO radios: the Infinity model, and the non-Infinity model. The non-Infinity model seems to be a drop-in replacement for the LX stock radio -- it does not require the outboard amplifier and is self-contained, same as the stock (non-UVO) LX radio.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
Based on my reading, there seem to be two UVO radios: the Infinity model, and the non-Infinity model. The non-Infinity model seems to be a drop-in replacement for the LX stock radio -- it does not require the outboard amplifier and is self-contained, same as the stock (non-UVO) LX radio.

Can anyone confirm this?
No that is incorrect, there are (2) radios in general that are available for your year and model.

The UVO model includes the Infinity sound system, and is NOT compatible on your vehicle at all.

Then there is the NON-UVO model, that does not have the Infinity Sound System, which is what you have.

This has been discussed many many many times over the 8 years I have been on this forum.

The factory wiring is COMPLETELY different on the UVO vs Non UVO models, and you cannot interchange them between each other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oddly I have a radio that is UVO, but which is NOT an infinity radio (I have the dash trim that goes with it -- which has Sirius and UVO logos -- but no Infinity logo). I have noticed there are two UVO radios being placed for sale if you look around the web: one with an Infinity logo, and one without (96160-2T050). I bought one online -- the seller took it out of his Optima which he says definitely doesn't have an Ininifty system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See three snapshots attached: stock lx radio, UVO radio with no infinity logo, UVO radio WITH infinity logo.

STOCK_NON_UVO.png UVO_NON_INFINITY.png UVO_WITH_INFINITY.png

1 - 9 of 9 Posts