Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am writing this post to review my purchase and experience with Lap3 and the amazing ECU tune that they have to offer for the KDM community. This is for my 2013 Optima SX. Let me start off by saying that I began my venture into Lap3 with the good old plug and play chip. I thought that the chip was fantastic when I first got it, but I was so, so wrong. The tune is WORLD's apart from the chip. It makes more power on less boost and there are multiple stages of the tune. At first I was really hesitant because I was under the impression that the tune was almost the same as the chip. However, after I had a good conversation with David Chung where he answered any and all of my questions regarding Lap3's experience with the vehicle my mind was made. I purchased the tune the same night and 4 days later it arrived! David was very fast to respond and get a time set up to install it over the phone with me. We had it installed in under 20 minutes, and after I drove it my smile only got bigger. I cannot wait to see what the next stages of this tune can bring to this platform. I fully plan on going into stage 2.0 and hopefully 2.5 by the end of this year! If anyone is hesitating over buying this product. DO IT! You will not regret one minute of buying it.

THANKS LAP3!

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep! It only takes 5 minutes to do once you know how. Aside from engine, I am out of the original warranty though so I'm not sure if it matters.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,452 Posts
The plug and play is a world apart from the ecu tune and hope you can keep the front wheels under the car. I know our '11 EX-T under hard acceleration wheel spin is a problem.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,412 Posts
OP - Glad you joined the LAP3USA club!

I recently was able to re-pair my Stage 1.5+ tune to my new engine replacement ($150). I drove around for a couple of months on the stock tune but with all my bolt-on modifications which was nice while I got her broken in good in this winter weather. After getting bored with that and the ECU tune back on, all I can say is "WOW! What a difference!". Total night and day difference when you get your foot into it and very smooth!

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,412 Posts
The plug and play is a world apart from the ecu tune and hope you can keep the front wheels under the car. I know our '11 EX-T under hard acceleration wheel spin is a problem.
That's exactly why this car cries out for a LSD in the transmission! With all that power, it's a shame you can't get it down to the pavement without roasting a tire. Awesome that Kia added that as an option (should be standard in my opinion) to the new Kia Stinger!

·
Registered
2014 SXL
48 Posts
Has anyone tried both the Btr tune and the Lap 3 ecu tune? I currently have the Btr (93 octane). Just wondering how they compare to one another as far as throttle response and relative seat of pants turbo lag elimination.

·
Registered
2012 & 2015 Kia Optima SX & SXL
945 Posts
Has anyone tried both the Btr tune and the Lap 3 ecu tune? I currently have the Btr (93 octane). Just wondering how they compare to one another as far as throttle response and relative seat of pants turbo lag elimination.
Many have switched from btr tune to LAP3, but never the other way around. There's a ton of LAP3 turbo upgrade, wg upgrade owners putting down anywhere from 350~550WHP on LAP3 Performance discussion page. No one really uses the forum anymore, so you won't see them here. To this day, LAP3 is the only one company that has done and shown proven results with turbo upgrade, putting down anywhere from 400-550WHP. It is the only company that can tune TCU for this platform as well. Plus, LAP3 offers E30 tune(Stage2) and Meth tune(Stage2.5), and more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts