Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Optima EX Premium 1.6 Turbo
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Just purchased a 2020 EX Premium Turbo. Love the car. Lots of features and the Harman Kardon stereo in nice. Joing here to see and get ideas of what i want. Already blacked out the windows and swaped out to .LED Headlights and fogs. Next order of business is wheels and tires.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the Optima family! Plenty of mods available for the Optima, even more so since you have the 2.0T--I'm sure our resident K5 Optima Store owner will chime in with agreement to that in short time--LOL!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the Optima family! Plenty of mods available for the Optima, even more so since you have the 2.0T--I'm sure our resident K5 Optima Store owner will chime in with agreement to that in short time--LOL!
Thanks @tonester ,The EX comes with the 1.6 Turbo but yes I am seeing plenty of options for upgrades. Im not going crazy with it but wheels, intake and maybe a tune will be in store.. Also eyed the turbo charger i could upgrade to :)

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
LOL whoops my bad for assuming that yours was the 2.0 (I forgot about the 1.6T) but in any case glad to know you have plenty of options to choose from.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Hey there @A. Adams welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2020 Optima EX-T.

We have an entire site of goodies for your Optima, including emblems, intake, BOV, and a few tunes to choose from.

Click on any of the links in my signature to checkout our website, and let us know if there is anything we can help you find.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks David. Iv been researching the sound plates (i dont think i can fit a BOV in there under that front intake piece). It looks like there is a slight difference in plates from the 2.0 and the 1.6 i have but a $50 price difference. Will the 2.0 not work, looks like the same footprint? Im new to any kind of turbo as you can see from my picture above I am an offroad guy.

We will be looking at an intake soon and maybe a LAP 3 later on. I dont want to do alot of mods just a little preformance and some wheels to clean it up some.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Thanks David. Iv been researching the sound plates (i dont think i can fit a BOV in there under that front intake piece). It looks like there is a slight difference in plates from the 2.0 and the 1.6 i have but a $50 price difference. Will the 2.0 not work, looks like the same footprint? Im new to any kind of turbo as you can see from my picture above I am an offroad guy.

We will be looking at an intake soon and maybe a LAP 3 later on. I dont want to do alot of mods just a little preformance and some wheels to clean it up some.
You're very welcome. :)

You can fit a BOV and a BOV sound plate. However, to install an actual BOV like the HKS, you most likely would have to do this here.

That is correct, they are completely different sizes for the 1.6T models than the 2.0T models. (1.6T uses the original bolts, and the 2.0T version does not)

The parts may look similar, but are actually completely different sizes altogether, and are not compatible on other engines, just what they were designed to fit.

The 1.6T BOV Sound plate we carry is twice the thickness of the 2.0T sound plate, and uses about twice the aluminum to manufacture.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@K5 Optima Store. Thanks for the clarification. I'll definitely be getting a sound plate in the near future. I dont want to do a cut out to fit a BOV.

Do you know of and sound bits on the BOV plate on a 1.6t with the new stiffer spring. Everything i find is on a 2.0T. Im sure the sound is not that different but would like to hear it. Hope to reach out soon on said parts and a intake soon.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
@K5 Optima Store. Thanks for the clarification. I'll definitely be getting a sound plate in the near future. I dont want to do a cut out to fit a BOV.

Do you know of and sound bits on the BOV plate on a 1.6t with the new stiffer spring. Everything i find is on a 2.0T. Im sure the sound is not that different but would like to hear it. Hope to reach out soon on said parts and a intake soon.
My pleasure, happy to help.

No, the sound is literally the exact same, you wouldn’t be able to differentiate the tone or sound from the different engine sizes, It’s going to sound the exact same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts