Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 kia optima lx
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Never been a member of a forum before, of course, never had a Optima before. Have owned my car for only a month. Was admiring the machine when I noticed some sort of a vent in the front of the vehicle. What was weird was I was cleaning the small fixed rear window when I could see daylight just inside of the front wheel. Upon inspection this black molding that I think usually houses the fog light has a row of vertical openings that are accessible from the inside of the front wheel. What are these for? First thought was they provided air to cool the brakes but it appears most of this flow would just blow on by the front tire. If anyone has noticed this and can provide some info, I would appreciate it. My only other comment would be how ugly I think the stock wheels are on my LX. I plan on purchasing some aftermarket wheels to make it look a bit more sporty. Have a good evening everybody.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,737 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Optima Forums @weasels2 glad to have you with us here.

Congrats on getting your new 2020 Kia Optima LX.

Hmm, maybe this is where the Daytime Running Lights or Fog Lights go on the higher up models?

Maybe you can post a pic so we can see what you are referencing?

Let us know if there is anything we can help you find to personalize your ride a bit. ;)

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
2020 kia optima lx
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David. Must admit I don't know how to do the picture thing. If others have a 2020 Optima all you need do is look towards the front inside of the wheel well and you will see light coming in from the plastic trim piece that is on either side of the front of the vehicle. I do think it houses some feature on higher models but I just can't figure out what this might benefit. When moving at high speeds it has too direct air movement but what it is cooling is beyond me. The opening that sits opposite the front tire is where the air would come out. It is about 7 inches long and 1 inch wide that curves with the shape of the fender. Have a good day to all.

·
Registered
2020 kia optima lx
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Turbonut, that picture may make it easier to explain what I'm speaking about. The triangle at the left front corner of the vehicle that houses the turn signal lights, the lower portion is solid egg crate design EXCEPT for the outside row. That row has 7 of the 8 squares open, which allows air to pass thru to an exit located inside the wheel well. What purpose does this serve? Why didn't they just make the insert solid? There is a reason, but I can't figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts