Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving the car for quiet some time and i really love the feel and interior of the Optima', they handle very well, i want to mod it up a little, i was thinking of putting a K&N Air intake in it but reading from the website it only adds 7.75 more horsepower, is there any other good air intakes for my car to add more horsepower than just 7.75?

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
171 Posts
Not really. There are not many "preformance" mods to be done to the 2.4l it's just not a preformance based engine

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @Anthonyemmett Congrats on picking up your2014 Optima LX.

There aren't really other intakes that will make more HP, but the Injen Intake System we sell will make the same, but for less money.

While there aren't many things you can do to increase performance on the 2014 Optima LX, we do have a few options to choose from.

Exhaust Systems, Throttle Body Spacer (read some of the reviews), and as mentioned above, Air Intake Systems.

Feel free to reach out to us anytime with any questions you have: [email protected]

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
171 Posts
Yeah i want to get an SXL or an SX because i know they are very good cars
If your keeping your 2.4, as David said see their products. But that's about the end of the lost. The 2.0t is more modifiable. The earlier models have more mods and can be easier obtained. The later models (mine is an 18') have far less mods so it's harder to do things to, but still do-able. I saw a dealer near me has a 19sxl still new, discounted to 28k. That's far down from the MSRP. But much more obtainable for people who want the platform and want it brand new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts