Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to get a 2013 Kia Optima SXL with a brand new engine so let’s see how all this goes -Chris

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Hey Chris (@Captron472) welcome to the Optima Forums.

Nice, my favorite year and model offered!! Good luck, and hope to see you around the forum with your new ride.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you find for it to personalize it a bit.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome and you'll have fun with the car. Just curious, how many miles?
Good luck.
76,000 so not too bad I only paid $12,000 for it and it looks brand spanking new! I can send update pics of the car when I get it next weekend if you’d like. It had to get a new engine tho bc of the recall but hey better than an engine with 70k on it

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
174 Posts
76,000 so not too bad I only paid $12,000 for it and it looks brand spanking new! I can send update pics of the car when I get it next weekend if you’d like. It had to get a new engine tho bc of the recall but hey better than an engine with 70k on it
Make sure you get documentation for the engine swap.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
Oh trust me I will, I’m sure it will run a lot better with a new engine as well
Not really sure why you would need paperwork for the new engine as Kia would have it on file and it comes with a lifetime warranty for the "debris" issue.
Actually, depending on why the engine was replaced, most don't find any difference between the old and new performance, or at least until a few miles before it seizes.

Was just curious about how long the junk engine lasted before it needed replacement. The value of these cars drop like a rock, the SWP '11 2.0T I purchased back in 2016 with every option, $8,000, but did need tires and few other items.

Summer is coming so if the have an A/C problem, come back on.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
174 Posts
Not really sure why you would need paperwork for the new engine as Kia would have it on file and it comes with a lifetime warranty for the "debris" issue.
Actually, depending on why the engine was replaced, most don't find any difference between the old and new performance, or at least until a few miles before it seizes.

Was just curious about how long the junk engine lasted before it needed replacement. The value of these cars drop like a rock, the SWP '11 2.0T I purchased back in 2016 with every option, $8,000, but did need tires and few other items.

Summer is coming so if the have an A/C problem, come back on.
Thought you didn't trust the dealerships, so why wouldn't you want your own documentation?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
Thought you didn't trust the dealerships, so why wouldn't you want your own documentation?
I don't trust the people, thought the car might still be in previous owner's name, but if the car is in your name, you'll get documentation/receipt for the work done, but what I was questioning is why would one need the paperwork as Kia would have it on file under the VIN.

Hopefully the morons at the stealership where your car is being serviced are capable of doing quality work for a change, guess we'll see.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't trust the people, thought the car might still be in previous owner's name, but if the car is in your name, you'll get documentation/receipt for the work done, but what I was questioning is why would one need the paperwork as Kia would have it on file under the VIN.

Hopefully the morons at the stealership where your car is being serviced are capable of doing quality work for a change, guess we'll see.
The car is in nobody’s name I know the owner of the dealership he has possession of it, but yes I was going to ask for physical proof it was fixed but I looked up the vin and the recalls are now gone and the car is out of the shop fixed and engine swapped

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
The car is in nobody’s name I know the owner of the dealership he has possession of it, but yes I was going to ask for physical proof it was fixed but I looked up the vin and the recalls are now gone and the car is out of the shop fixed and engine swapped
The car must be in somebody's possesion title wise, either the previous owner or the dealer did an update to transfer the title into their company name. Actually looking up the VIN will show no updates or recalls if they have bee completed, but the VIN when requested in the Kia system will show what was done and when they were completed. Have a Kia dealer print out the history if needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts