Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!
My name is Alison and I have owned a 2013, 2015, and now lease a brand new 2019 Optima SXL and so far, with a few minor complaints this year, have loved everything about all of them.
I live in eastern Long Island, NY. I have bragged about my car since 2013. LOL I fell in love. :rolleyes:

With the SXL, the 2013 and 2015 had an amazing sound system that I looked forward to listening to every time I got in as music is a huge part of my life.
I recently turned in my 2015 for the 2019 (lease) and the first thing I noticed was that the radio sounded as if it were dialed in to a poor FM or AM station. My surprise when I saw it was Sirius XM. It was tinny, airy, somewhat muted, not full/rich, and the sound was coming all from the front center it seemed.
I know what it's SUPPOSED to sound like. It was terrible. I plugged in some of my personal music and the same thing...

I checked all the settings, as once in a while on the 2015 the sound would disappear from all speakers other than the front and this is exactly what it sounded like. In the 2015 this would correct itself when I restarted the car and wasn't much of a consistent issue. Unfortunately all the settings in 2019 were proper. When I set the sound balance to center all I hear is the front center. In both the 2013 and 2015, setting to center gave me a full, clear, rich surround sound. Not the 2019.

I was positive something was wrong and immediately brought it to the dealer. They dismissed it as me just not being used to the new system yet and suggested I simply move the balance a few clicks to the rear and there is nothing else they can do. But when I do this, the front sound gets lower, but the sound changes as it's not shifting much to the back. It then sounds muted and still not clear or rich.
All the speakers are "working" as when I move the balance around, they all produce sound on their own.

I cannot imagine three years of this sound. (I lease)
I don't know what to do and I literally want to cry every day when I get in the car, that's how bad it sounds to me. I know what my music should sound like, I've listened to some of these songs for decades and I'm not crazy. I have had other people sit in the car and they notice that the sound is all in the front but without the old system to compare they don't notice the difference, only that the balance is way off.
I don't know what to do. I think that maybe the balance in the computer needs to be fixed and maybe that would fix it??

Please help, I'm desperate, really!

·
Registered
9 Posts
One time when I test drove an Optima at dealership, the sale guy told me that the new Harman Kardon speakers on the 4th gen (2016-2019) are actually not as good as the Infinity system on the 3rd gen (2011-2015).

·
Registered
68 Posts
The system in my 2019 SX sounds awesome, crystal clear highs and thundering bass. Rarely do I take the volume up past 1/2 way, and only on a few occasions have I gone to 3/4 (gotta be the right song). There is something definitely wrong with the OP's system, too bad this is 10 month old post. She should have tested several other SX level sound systems for comparison and to show the service dept that there was an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
5 Participants
19_Opt_SX
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing