Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 a pearl white optima and am looking to replace the stock Kia front and rear badges. Should I go with the all black or the carbon fiber white and black. Suggestions and pictures(if you have them) would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,529 Posts
I changed the badges on the '08 with the K logo chrome, but on the '11 2.0T decided to leave
the OEM badges as is. Just wanted the people to know that a Kia can be pretty quick.

You're the one that needs to make the decision, it's your car, and as they make various badges everyone will have their own oprinion of what they purchased.

·
Registered
2013 Optima LX 2.4L // 2016 Optima SXL 2.0L Turbo
13 Posts
I had Brenthon badges on my 2013, and recently applied black on black K badges on my 2016.

It might be just me, but the K badges from k5optimastore seem to be wrinkling (i'm assuming from engine heat). Happened within a matter of months.

Where as my Brenthon badges lasted years.

Just wanted to share that.

If your set on K badges then it would depend on you build. you'd want to complement other parts of your car.

·
Registered
2013 Optima LX 2.4L // 2016 Optima SXL 2.0L Turbo
13 Posts
I had Brenthon badges on my 2013, and recently applied black on black K badges on my 2016.

It might be just me, but the K badges from k5optimastore seem to be wrinkling (i'm assuming from engine heat). Happened within a matter of months.

Where as my Brenthon badges lasted years.

Just wanted to share that.

If your set on K badges then it would depend on you build. you'd want to complement other parts of your car.
I will say for the sake of comparison, people always ask "what is that?" towards the Brenthon badges (which may or maynot be something you like).

If you grab K badges it's a bit more accepted, and part of the k5 scene.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,772 Posts
Let us know if you have any questions, but here are the links to the ones we carry:

·
Registered
Optima SX Turbo
79 Posts
I went with the black glossy look. Not a big fan of carbon fiber. Plus the black matches the shiny black at the bottom of the bumper.

Also, I debadged everything (Optima, SX, Turbo). Gives it a cleaner look and maybe creates a little mystery as to what kind of car this is.

Funny related story: I saw a guy with a nice looking newer Optima with the same emblem as mine. I stopped and said, "I noticed you also added the 3.0 K emblem like mine". He said, "Oh no, I didn't do that. I just bought it as a used car and the dealer told me it was a Special Edition Optima because it has this emblem". WHAT?? After which I can only assume the dealer probably charged him an extra $1000 for that lie, I didn't have the heart to tell him it was only a $20 emblem!!
So I just said, "Great!" and went on my way!

debadge.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought you said you went with the black on black badges? Is that an older picture?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with the black glossy look. Not a big fan of carbon fiber. Plus the black matches the shiny black at the bottom of the bumper.

Also, I debadged everything (Optima, SX, Turbo). Gives it a cleaner look and maybe creates a little mystery as to what kind of car this is.

Funny related story: I saw a guy with a nice looking newer Optima with the same emblem as mine. I stopped and said, "I noticed you also added the 3.0 K emblem like mine". He said, "Oh no, I didn't do that. I just bought it as a used car and the dealer told me it was a Special Edition Optima because it has this emblem". WHAT?? After which I can only assume the dealer probably charged him an extra $1000 for that lie, I didn't have the heart to tell him it was only a $20 emblem!!
So I just said, "Great!" and went on my way!

View attachment 248670
I thought you went with the black on black badge? Is that an older picture?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts