Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK another question for you guys I need to have my transmission fluid serviced replaced and I have a guy that will do a side job for me what would be a fair price to pay for the job?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK another question for you guys I need to have my transmission fluid serviced replaced and I have a guy that will do a side job for me what would be a fair price to pay for the job? I have a 2015 optima 2.4

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
178 Posts
It's just a drain plug and fill back up with pretty much the same amount of fluid so a case of good beer? :)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,395 Posts
Just to add, under covers, or at least two need to be removed, and to do it correctly, drain, refill, run until up to temp,
open fill plug while on level ground and if fluid runs out fine, if not, fill to overflow, button up.
About an hour, so pay accordingly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's just a drain plug and fill back up with pretty much the same amount of fluid so a case of good beer? :)
Thats partly correct. A drain and fill only removes 50 percent of the fluid. So most recommendations are to do it 3 times with a few hundred miles in between. Gaining acess to the drain and fill holes also takes time especially singetting the vehicle level can be a challenge for people that dont diy all the time. Thereare links posted on the correct proceedure for checking a refilling the trans. I just did mine on saturday it was difficult at all, but you do have to be patient.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to add, under covers, or at least two need to be removed, and to do it correctly, drain, refill, run until up to temp,
open fill plug while on level ground and if fluid runs out fine, if not, fill to overflow, button up.
About an hour, so pay accordingly.
thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts