Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new to this forum. I recently got a 2020 Kia Optima LX and have been visually modifying it to my taste. I’m currently in the process of wanting to lower the car since I’ve installed 225/40/18 sizes tires on. Should I go with Eibach or Megan lowering springs? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I’m new to this forum. I recently got a 2020 Kia Optima LX and have been visually modifying it to my taste. I’m currently in the process of wanting to lower the car since I’ve installed 225/40/18 sizes tires on. Should I go with Eibach or Megan lowering springs? Thanks in advance.
Hey man, congratulations on the new ride. I have a 2016 that we bought with about 8000 miles on it and now have about 118,000 and I am currently on my second engine. It was actually a blessing in disguise to end up purchasing my Optima. I was able to run the everliving **** out of that first engine and that sucker stood up for 100,000 plus miles. And my life was so tumultuous at the time I bought the car that I had probably driven 20 or $30,000 mi before I was able to change the oil for the first time. Not something I'm proud of but I have since learned to appreciate just how lucky I am to have one of the vehicles that was assembled in the states and pretty much guaranteed free motors for the life of the vehicle. I'm currently waiting on a check or direct deposit from Kia for my towing costs. But in regards to your question the only answer I have is that everybody in the Facebook groups or at least the main Optima groups the majority is the D2 purple springs. And I really could not get a solid answer as to why it was the majority or what people chose that one over other ones. But I was leaning more towards the true heart because of the fact that I didn't want to go too low and the lowering springs those had the highest which was a quarter to half inch difference between D2 and truheart. And the only reason I even consider putting the true hearts is because of the fact that I can buy the complete package specifically tailored for our vehicle. Versus trying to fit lowering springs of one brand with lowering shocks or struts of another and so on and so forth. I was actually in the process of trying to find out which tire I can put on my factory wheel and get a little bit of performance and stability out of it without having to go with a bigger wheel. Like I said ultimately the majority of everyone and everything that I searched in the groups on Facebook pointed to D2. and true heart was the first reason I picked was because of the fact that it was a little bit of a taller spring in case it went too low and I didn't want that because who wants to have to take struts apart twice? I just recently purchased two brand new trucks and two brand new rear shocks and my springs were fat in the middle and crooked when they were at ease and out of the strut. And after looking at pictures online of used and new struts none of them looked like my springs. So because I had never seen or experienced worn out springs before I didn't realize that I was putting bad springs back onto what is essentially going to be a brand new front end because I've already replaced wheel bearings and I'm waiting on lower control arms to come in any day now. So I know that I'm going to be making the same decision you are today or tomorrow I hope it works out and please reply if you decided to pull the trigger on something because I am curious to know what you end up with.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
258 Posts
I have H&R springs with Tru Hart shocks/struts on my 2015 SX-T. I had H&R's with stock springs/shocks on my previous Hyundai Sonta SE-T. They ride great and give a nice stance. More responsive handling but not jarring. A little stiffer than stock in the ride. I also went to 225/40/19 tires when I upgraded. I have a slight rub in the front at full compression...nothing to worry with though.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
Hey @LochNessCamel welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2020 Optima LX model.

When it comes to the different lowering springs offered for the 2020 models, you really only have 4 options available on the market.

Eibach, D2, Ark Performance, or Megan Racing. The only real difference between them is going to be the drop height.

We do carry all (4) of these on our website below, but take a look at the drop height of each one & determine which you think would be best for your application.

1) Megan Racing Lowering Springs - K5 Optima Store

2) D2 Racing - Pro Series Lowering Springs - K5 Optima Store

3) 2016-2020 Kia Optima Eibach Lowering Springs - K5 optima Store

4) Ark Performance Lowering Springs - K5 Optima Store

Let us know if you have any questions about any of these above, or if you would like a discount when ordering.

Hope to see you around the forum here. ;)

-David
K5 Optima Store

1 - 4 of 4 Posts