Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima Ex 2.4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Installing A Hizpo ( Chinese Brand ) Head Unit In My Car (2016 Kia Optima Ex). My Main Issue Is With The Back Up Camera. I Cannot Seem To Find A Diagram For the 3rd wire harness that goes into the factory head unit. The aftermarket radio has inputs for the back up camera, but I cannot determine what wires to use. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. I have been digging at this for a month and cannot seem to find it.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima Ex 2.4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, nobody knows what these 16 wires do on this radio? I have searched this web over and over and still cannot find a manual for this head unit. It is a unit # 96180D5100WK or model # AC1A1D5AN. I can not find a single bit of literature on this head unit and that 16 pin plug. PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,184 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima Ex 2.4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your efforts, but it appears that is another dead end. I cant understand why nobody has this harness diagrammed. Its an old head unit and isnt anything special, but I need this info so I can use my factory backup camera. Thank you though, I will keep looking.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima Ex 2.4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided to do some probing on the harness myself. And it turns out that particular 16 pin plug I am trying to map, only has 5 actual wires coming off of it. The colors are white, Blue, Red, Green and Brown w/stripe. I used the factory radio to test the wires, and I located the blue wire as the "reverse" wire. It only gets 12 volts when the shifter is put into reverse. Now the Red wire gets 6 volts when its put into reverse, so I am assuming this is the actual power + to power the camera itself. But the other 3 wires I am still unclear about. The Green wire gives me 0.67 volts when the camera was activated in reverse and the White wire was only giving me 0.1 volts and the brown wire I couldnt even get a reading on. This should be simple as only 5 wires are actually needed for the backup camera. But i do not have a CCTV tester device to locate the camera signal + and -. So, any input into this would be greatly appreciated. I have a 12 volt to 6 volt step down converter being shipped to power the actual camera, that is if i can figure out which wires are to the camera. Once I determine which 2 wires are the signal coming from the camera, then I can get somewhere.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima Ex 2.4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I have since tore apart my car a bit and tracked each wire on that plug. There are actually only 5 wires that actually come off that plug. GREEN = Camera Signal Negative, WHITE = Camera Signal Positive (I know these 2 ARE the camera signal, but im not positive which is + or - as I swapped them around a couple of times and now im unsure which ended up as positive. But I am positive they are the signal wires) RED = backup camera power wire ( I purchased a 12 volt to 6 volt down convertor and connected to the camera power output from my head unit and the 6 volt end to this RED wire), BLUE = backup trigger wire ( i connected this to the reverse trigger wire on the head unit) and the BLACK & BROWN STRIPED wire is the ground which I used for a couple of things, that 12v to 6v convertor ground and a ground wire from the head unit) Hopefully this information will help someone else who is installing an aftermarket head unit and retaining the factory back up camera. It only took me 3 weeks to be sure of the wiring, but its now working lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts