Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me out, I want to change my LX bumper to a SX one, do I need everything listed HERE
Secondly will switching them out like this even work?

Thank You.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
40 Posts
Yes it is interchangeable and depending on what parts you will switch out from the LX bumper cover all you should need is #1 and #18

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
320 Posts
I switched from an LX bumper to an SX bumper, so PM me if you have any questions. If I remember correctly, the only other thing you need is the SX front lip, everything else can be transferred over from your LX bumper. Although you'll have to drill out the mounting brackets (don't know the actual name) if you want to reuse them since they're connected with rivets. I would go ahead and buy new ones if I were you since it will save you a lot of headache.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,493 Posts
Any luck finding a place? The link you provided, those guys are expensive. Have you tried rockauto.com or kiapartsnow.com or autopartswarehouse.com yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I switched from an LX bumper to an SX bumper, so PM me if you have any questions. If I remember correctly, the only other thing you need is the SX front lip, everything else can be transferred over from your LX bumper. Although you'll have to drill out the mounting brackets (don't know the actual name) if you want to reuse them since they're connected with rivets. I would go ahead and buy new ones if I were you since it will save you a lot of headache.
what do you need specifically to make this conversion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts