Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my pillars down to the sides of the windshields blacked out with gloss black Avery wrap, on my white 2020 Optima with pano sunroof. I am thinking of possibly doing a chrome delete/wrap of the chrome that goes from front to back. however, if the Weathertech Rain Guards cover up most of the chrome I may decide not to do it. However, if they attach and you can still see the chrome ,then I may go for it and do the chrome delete.

With that said, which rain guard is everyone most happy with? Thanks!

·
Registered
2018, 2012 Kia Optima
46 Posts
I have the Weathertech guards on my 2018, which I believe to be very similar to the 2020 and they do not cover up the chrome.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Weathertech Window Visors DO NOT COVER THE CHROME, which is why our store brand is so much more popular.

Our store brand does cover the chrome up when installed. You can find those on our site to check out, below:

2016-2020 Kia Optima Dark Tint Window Visors - K5 Optima Store
Oh, interesting. I must of over looked these on your site. Do You know if any other real world pictures exist? I will have to search around on here. That will help me make my decision. Thanks for the suggestion. It’s either these or the WeatherTech, I like the fact that these go over the chrome...

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Oh, interesting. I must of over looked these on your site. Do You know if any other real world pictures exist? I will have to search around on here. That will help me make my decision. Thanks for the suggestion. It’s either these or the WeatherTech, I like the fact that these go over the chrome...
The only real world images we have of these are of them installed on the Kia Stinger.

However, they are the exact same product and they install the same way over the chrome, so hopefully these will help.

At the end of the day, they are also sold for about $40 less then Weathertech, and I think they look even better.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick question.. this will seal the deal If these are the same... Are you able to tell if this Optima has the Rain guards you linked to in your store? This guy posted this car in another thread I started a few weeks ago. Thanks again!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Quick question.. this will seal the deal If these are the same... Are you able to tell if this Optima has the Rain guards you linked to in your store? This guy posted this car in another thread I started a few weeks ago. Thanks again!

View attachment 248923
They definitely look the same to me. The main identifying factor with our rain guards versus others is that there is no gap in between the visors from the front and the back door, or very little gap. Just like you see in the pictures here and the ones that I shared of the singer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts