Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in my 2016 Optima EX for a 2020 EX premium recently. My wife used to be able type in an address while me driving to put in the navigation now with the 2020 it doesn't seem to allow her to do this while driving is this normal.

·
Registered
2020 Horizon Blue Kia Optima SX
37 Posts
Yea, you can only use voice or the recent destinations list. I agree it's annoying, just like how the passenger cant sync bluetooth while the car is driving

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
I suppose if you're open to not using the factory nav and interface you could just use Google Maps (either via Android Auto or Apple CarPlay) and either the driver or passenger can type in the address via your smartphone.

·
Registered
2020 Horizon Blue Kia Optima SX
37 Posts
I want to say even google maps via android auto locks out typing on screen while in drive but I would have to verify that.

Also with android auto at least, once its connected you cant open maps on your phone, it automatically transfers you to the car screen.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
To be fair I don't own an Android phone so I wouldn't be able to say with any certainty what the Google Maps behavior would be like on the phone when it's connected to UVO. I can say however that with my iPhone 11 Pro Max connected via CarPlay and Google Maps opened/displayed on the UVO screen I am still able to open/fiddle around with the Google Maps app on my iPhone even when connected to UVO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts