Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any reasons to not update my nav with the update available for free down load at mapnsoft.com/kia/? I am happy with my current version came with the car when i purchased new December 2018. I seldom use the nav anyway. Just wondering if there are advantages to doing the update? I have downloaded the newest update as of January 2021. Waiting for some input from fellow forum members before deciding to do update.

UPDATE 1-14-21 I installed the update. Easy install took 20 minutes. Not sure, but think some minor differences now like colors in nav map, some added points of interest, and just noticed there is a touch button to toggle audio sound Quantum Logic ( this could have been there all along and I never noticed ) Happy so far will post any bugs if any occur

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
Read here: Nav update

I have the same MY and trim as your vehicle so if my own (limited--haven't been driving my SXL too much this past year) experiences with the updated 14.10 are any indication, you should be ok with updating your nav to the latest version.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
593 Posts
Haven't seen anyone post of Problems --- and there are minor changes in my '16 SXL setup (ie) the USB File List (you want to change Albums playing) Starts AT the Selection you are currently playing Vs always going back to 1st album in the List; Surely streets/POI's, restaurants, etc are added but it would be rare that anyone could tell what.
tonesters link Media changes are in mine, too.
Read my Post#1 in tonesters link for things I saw DURING Update that you may/may not see, but (ie) Loading Circle will Spin awhile AFTER the Red Loading Bar is Full.....Nothing wrong .... may help the nerves. 35 minutes install was about right for mine as stated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts