Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Being a gun toting individual I thought I might share my newest way that I carry in the car.

Center console was removed, the my existing holster for my Springfield XDS was drilled into the storage box. Nice and secure, and hidden.

The great thing about carrying this way is that in the state of Nevada, a "storage box" is considered an obstacle , much like a wall in your house. Therefore the gun is technically not "concealed"

(I know, this can be a touchy topic)

Enjoy! :)

-B
ImageUploadedByAG Free1382548043.192006.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
10/2012 + 11/2013 ROTM
2011 2.4L
4,445 Posts
i like that. good job. in texas laws are a little different
you can have a hand gun in your vehicle LOADED with in reach, concealed but can not be on your person if you don't have a CHL. so while driving i put it between the seat and center console my glock 26. ill be getting the xds .45 as soon as my buddy sends his back for the fix i will buy it off him.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
418 Posts
Sweet setup I have an xd45 I wonder if it would fit the same way. I was thinking about doing a setup by the footwell but then it leaves it exposed to people when I get in and out of the car

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
That is a clean solution. It would be great to find a way to lock it down and out of sight. They can be a bit picky here California.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like that. good job. in texas laws are a little different
you can have a hand gun in your vehicle LOADED with in reach, concealed but can not be on your person if you don't have a CHL. so while driving i put it between the seat and center console my glock 26. ill be getting the xds .45 as soon as my buddy sends his back for the fix i will buy it off him.

I just got mine back yesterday! Came with a nice new (free) extended magazine too :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,417 Posts
Very nice! There is also a couple of pictures and threads on this forum of holster mounting places on the Optima.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,637 Posts
Very nice, would work well with my XD40 too.... got me thinking.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Very cool... Also glad to see all the XD's mentioned here as my carry gun is a XD Compact in 45ACP Ive had for quite some time!!

Like unreligion said I keep mine either between the seat and center console or in the bottom section of the door on a towel so it doesnt slide around.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Looks like a clean install. If you are not already a member, might join more locals at Nevada Shooters

·
Registered
516 Posts
That's a very nice mod and a nice choice of weapon too. So far I haven't really looked for a way to mount my Colt 1911 Commander in the car. I'm usually just wearing it. Like unreligion said, things are a little different here in Texas. You can have your handgun laying on the seat or console in plain sight to someone who walks up and looks in. It's considered concealed as long as it's below the window line. I've thought about one of those that mount below the steering column but I like the idea of it being inside the console like yours.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Curious, As long as u have ur CCW (Concealed Carry Weapon, Permit) like I do does it still matter where it is in the car in Texas?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Concealed is the key word. If you have it in your car and it's below the window line it is considered concealed so you do not have to have it in the glove box or console to be considered consealed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts