Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX Premium Touring Package. SWP
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started off by painting the wheels because they were in bad shape due to pealing clear-coat and paint They also had considerable curb rash

I liked the way they looked in that color and started painting other things. The fender vents were next, after that came the hood and trunk emblems along with the Optima SX lettering. The rear rollpan followed. Front grills were next

At that point I decided I had to tie in the interior with that color also

I need to do a good cleaning but it has been too rainy today

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Looking really good, did a great job on the red interior. Did you take it apart and wrap it and was it an add on? Ever thought of wrapping the lip spoiler to red to compliment your white and red theme?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Looking really good, did a great job on the red interior. Did you take it apart and wrap it and was it an add on? Ever thought of wrapping the lip spoiler to red to compliment your white and red theme?

Thanks. No I took it all apart and sanded and spray painted with a can of same paint on all the other stuff. The spoiler has been considered for paint though

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Thanks. No I took it all apart and sanded and spray painted with a can of same paint on all the other stuff. The spoiler has been considered for paint though
Wow, awesome job indeed. Painting the spoiler would definitely make it pop

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last night I pulled the passenger front door panel off to see how it came apart from there. I had enough of my red spray paint left to get a couple of coats on the door handle recess once I got it taken apart. I'm going to be in search of some small pieces of leather to redo the armrest on at least both front doors where they are wore through. Picture is of right armrest, left is worse. Thinking I may spend the money and get some real snakeskin leather, we shall see what I end up with. The fake carbon fiber on the armrest will fall victim to the spray can for sure

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I keep coming back to this whenever I start hunting leather on line

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did a quick job of putting it back together. I will probably do the leather several more times. I looked for red upholster thread but everywhere was out. The faux leather cost me $7.69 for 2/3 of a yard (24" x 58.5") enough to make several attempts

Still got some cleaning to do on leather, but this was the practice run

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still from a crappy cellphone camera but here's a daytime picture

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The interior looks cool but I think the wheels are too flashy.
I appreciate you taking the time to comment and thanks about the interior. I like the wheels and that's all that really matters. Thanks again for looking and commenting

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
When I first started looking at the pics, I'm like "good, good, good, good, HOLY **** THAT INTERIOR IS AMAZING!!!!"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I first started looking at the pics, I'm like "good, good, good, good, HOLY **** THAT INTERIOR IS AMAZING!!!!"
Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm trying to make sorta a special edition Unlike any other on the road. I need to get busy on it again but I recently changed jobs and went to night shift and it's kicking my @ss.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
I'm going to be in search of some small pieces of leather to redo the armrest on at least both front doors where they are wore through. Picture is of right armrest, left is worse.
Why are you advertising for those three media player companies?

·
Registered
2004 Kia 2004 Optima XL
156 Posts
Man, that looks totally cool! My buddy would love this idea for his incoming Optima SX project. We'll just finish installing the shocks and brake pads from 4Wheelonline onto the Wrangler before we can clear the garage and take in new project. I dig the red grille and the interior.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts