Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve become pretty much a highway driver Back in October my car would not accelerate while driving and the next day the hybrid system warning went off. Took it to KIA after three weeks they said bad transmission. $3500 later picked my car up to an trans leak bc they didn’t have a good deal on it and three days after that the system warning came back. Now they drove it for “200” miles said it was fine picked it up 5 days ago and yesterday the car started jerking at rpm switching, I had moments of pedal to the metal and it wouldn’t drive past 60 then it happened where it wouldn’t go past 40. And now not only that the oil light is flashing on and off when them EV mode kicks on...HELP I need some answers

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
350 Posts
Have you checked for CEL codes yourself? I mean its good to know if any exist or are pending (CEL light not set yet but conditions are almost right). Use a cheap ODB2 reader or go to auto zone or such, they'll check it for Free. Let us know what you find. This is the first step any decent mechanic would perform.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven’t checked anything because there were no warning lights on the dash except for the hybrid system malfunction

1 - 3 of 3 Posts