Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My main question is what diameter is the inlet piping on mufflers of the SX-T? Also, does anynone know the overall size of the stock mufflers with tips? Im looking at just doing new mufflers and tips right now as I dont wanna drop $900 at the moment. Ive been looking at magnaflow stuff as they seem to deliver a deep tone and am interested in the street series mufflers as they already have polished tips tig welded on and they run about $130.00 each. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

·
2014 ROTY
2016 Cadillac ATS Luxury
2,574 Posts
The outlet is 2.5", the Inlet is 2". The muffler itself is approximately 18" long and 11" wide. I ran tips that has a 2.25 inlet without any issues.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,502 Posts
What Ryan said above. The piping on the Optima's is 2.25"

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The outlet is 2.5", the Inlet is 2". The muffler itself is approximately 18" long and 11" wide. I ran tips that has a 2.25 inlet without any issues.
When you say the muffler is approximately 18" long, is that with or without the tips?

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

I've been looking over some magnaflow products..
MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts