Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s been a while since I’ve been active here but I pop in from time to time. While I went with the Stinger as my daily driver, I traded it back in March for an Audi etron SUV, while the hybrid was being driven by my wife. Well, the hybrid was sold after 5 years of being with us, which makes it the car that I have had for longest of any car I’ve had. The car was still pretty new inside, rode and handled great, plus was relatively quiet inside. It was my “luxury” “sporty” hybrid, lowered for better handling, with a +1 upgrade on the tires for better grip. I’ll miss that car.

It’s been great interacting with folks on the forum over the past 9-10 years, sharing knowledge, welcoming newbies, chatting about the new and upcoming vehicles. I’ll miss all this and the folks here.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Good luck and happy trails...I'll be keeping ours since resale is so poor and the car has been pretty good.
Need a new truck instead, sort of. It's been good also.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, you kept yours for a long time! We got a good deal on ours, the mileage was a little over 53K, we got $18K for it. I see them selling for $25K in my area. Back in March when I was looking at the etron, the trade in was $10-11K, don’t know how long this will keep happening but most dealers in my area have little to no new cars on their lot. The showroom has used cars, that’s how bad things are.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,180 Posts
I'll probably wind up keeping my Optima longer that many folks here may be willing to hold on to theirs, if the fact that I still have (and drive) my 2004 GMC Yukon Denali which I purchased brand-new in late 2003 is any indication.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This generation of the Optima made it a really nice driving vehicle. I believe this is around the time when Albert Biermann joined Hyundai/KIA/Genesis, the suspension tuning for better, the ride quality improved to match the looks of the vehicle as a sporty looking European vehicle, from Korea. We would have kept it longer if we could. The EV6 caught our eyes and I really wanted to try it out, that I think will be the next hot seller from KIA.

That 2018 will last, get that engine replaced during the recall and it should soldier on even longer.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,180 Posts
Yeah as long as my dealer doesn't attempt to price-gouge me the EV6 will be my next purchase--I got a $100 deposit on a First-Edition EV6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts