Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 I recently purchased . This is truly my dream car in every way. I’ve wanted one since it came out with the price tag over $30k . Now that I’ve finally obtained one , with just over 100k on it and In superb, truly like new condition and one owner. As quick as she is now, we all know she’s a hefty car weighing in at almost 5k lbs! So my goal is wanting to get her over 300hp to start with, and see from there. I have $600.00 to spend , and with the exception of welding, I’m capable of doing most every other install. Please and thank you for all ideas! I truly am in love with the first car ever in my life and I’m excited to hear everyone’s experience here!
2A180967-6698-43D2-B72B-D694F5F46333.jpeg

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,103 Posts
Just get the Lap3 Uncle $589.95 (K5 Store), 93 octane setting +50HP, but you'll need the HKS racing plugs $28.99 ea which will take you over your budget, but only slightly. There was just a used unit for sale, but possibly has been sold, might want to check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just get the Lap3 Uncle $589.95 (K5 Store), 93 octane setting +50HP, but you'll need the HKS racing plugs $28.99 ea which will take you over your budget, but only slightly. There was just a used unit for sale, but possibly has been sold, might want to check.
Holy ****! And I just run premium like Normal? New plugs and that’s it ?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
220 Posts
Ditto the comments above. On my car, the Lap3 Uncle Chip and plugs was worth 31hp on the 93 setting and 23hp on the 91 setting (where I kept it due to 91 octane fuel we have here). If you get 93 octane in your area, you can run that setting for a bit more power.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,535 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @Rkiel15sxtgdi

Congrats on picking up your 2015 Optima SX Turbo.

As @Turbonut & @WS6_Keith recommended, the LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune is going to be your best bet.

The only mandatory requirement for running the tune we sell is the HKS M45XL Spark Plugs to go with it.

We also highly recommend the use of 1 of the catch cans we carry in our Catch Can Product Collection on the website.

Just let us know if you have any questions, or if you would like a discount on your order with us! :)

-David

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,469 Posts
I have a 2015 I recently purchased . This is truly my dream car in every way. I’ve wanted one since it came out with the price tag over $30k . Now that I’ve finally obtained one , with just over 100k on it and In superb, truly like new condition and one owner. As quick as she is now, we all know she’s a hefty car weighing in at almost 5k lbs! So my goal is wanting to get her over 300hp to start with, and see from there. I have $600.00 to spend , and with the exception of welding, I’m capable of doing most every other install. Please and thank you for all ideas! I truly am in love with the first car ever in my life and I’m excited to hear everyone’s experience here!

Actually the Optimas are fairly light weight and are some of the first vehicles to use light weight steel in their constructions. that's why the Turbo's are so fun to drive, they have a great power to weight ratio. Your 2015 weighs 3,237 pounds btw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts