Vendor
2012 Kia Optima
1,803 Posts

Working with:

Here to introduce to the Optima Forums, the brand new:

Morimoto XB HID D1S Bulbs

(BUY NOW)

Description:

Proud to be working with The Retrofit Source who is one of most trusted companies for HID products
Replace your stock HID bulbs with a pair of these high quality D1S bulbs
Direct replacement of your stock HID bulbs
Meet or exceed OEM bulbs
Two year warranty

Color Spectrum:

Stock HID color (4,000k)
Pure white (5,000k)
White with a hint of blue (6,000K)

Vehicle Applications:

All vehicles that come equipped with HID D1S bulbs
We also sell HID conversion kits for vehicles that do not come with factory HIDs
Morimoto Elite Complete HID Conversion Kit

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
844 Posts
Do you mean the TRS HID D1S Bulbs? We've been selling these for several years, so tons have tried them out. Any specific questions at all we can help you answer about them?
yea, I have a few. I was reading on the forums that these are not recommended on Kia / hyundai, unless I was reading wrong. I have a 2015 SX-T with factory HIDs. Would these work fine on my optima.

Thanks,

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,934 Posts
yea, I have a few.
Sure well please ask away and I would be happy to answer each and every questions you have for us.

I was reading on the forums that these are not recommended on Kia / hyundai, unless I was reading wrong.

thanks
What you read about was back a year or two ago, the D1S bulbs TRS sold were not compatible on Kia & Hyundai vehicles due to the complex electrical system with these vehicles.

They corrected that issue in late 2014 when the new redesigned XB bulbs were released. No issues at all for almost 2 years now with the newer designed bulbs.

I have a 2015 SX-T with factory HIDs. Would these work fine on my optima.
Yes sir these would work great on your 2015 SX-T with OEM D1S HID bulbs.

Only saw that one question, were there any others you needed assistance with?

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
844 Posts
What you read about was back a year or two ago, the D1S bulbs TRS sold were not compatible on Kia & Hyundai vehicles due to the complex electrical system with these vehicles.
They corrected that issue in late 2014 when the new redesigned XB bulbs were released. No issues at all for almost 2 years now with the newer designed bulbs.
Ohh okay. Thats awesome.

Yes sir these would work great on your 2015 SX-T with OEM D1S HID bulbs.
Sweet, defiantly picking these up then. In 5500k to match better with my quad led fog lamps.

Only saw that one question, were there any others you needed assistance with?
Well you pretty much answered all my questions lol. Do you have these in stock at your physical store?

thanks,

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,934 Posts
Ohh okay. Thats awesome.

Sweet, defiantly picking these up then. In 5500k to match better with my quad led fog lamps.

Well you pretty much answered all my questions lol. Do you have these in stock at your physical store?

thanks,
Yes sir, sounds great!! Happy I was able to answer all of your questions.

Yes we sure do, we carry them in stock here both in 5500k 6500k, & the OSRAM CBI 5500k as well.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,934 Posts
Yeah no prob. But while you're here, will they turn whiter with time?
Ok cool thanks, sorry for the mixup.

Yes, absolutely. Like all HID bulbs, there is a standard burn-in time of around 30-50 hours.

Sometimes more and sometimes less, however, until this time, they will appear to be off from the color you ordered.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,934 Posts
How do I find out what size bulbs I need?
If you are unsure, the best way to know would be to contact any Kia dealer and provide them with your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) and they can tell you for sure whether your vehicle came equipped with halogen bulbs, or HID bulbs. Once you find out, just let me know and I can help provide you with the different options we have available for you.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,934 Posts
Want to change out the yellowish HIDs for bright white ones? Check out these Morimoto XB HID D1S bulbs!

Whether you're changing out your dull stock HID bulbs to a 5,000k or 6,000k bulb or replacing a burnt-out factory bulb with a Morimoto 4,000k bulb:

Morimoto XB HID D1S Bulbs

For those that don't have factory HID's check out the Morimoto Elite HID conversion kit below:

The Morimoto Elite Complete HID Conversion Kit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts