Kia Optima Forums banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I just installed my TRS HID and am absolutely in love with it. I originally installed k5 cheaper hid set but wasn't happy with the quality. David allowed me to return it and I purchased the TRS kit from him. If you are considering buying an HID kit I could personally only recommend you spend the extra money and get the quality that you really want. The quality of the TRS kit is remarkable and is everything I wanted. So happy I ended up with the TRS kit and spent the extra money.
Matt thank you very much for leaving us feedback about this. I appreciate all of your business and am glad that you are happy with the new TRS kit you got installed. When it comes to HID lighting, the bottom line is TRS is hands down, the best in the business.

·
Being awesome every day!
3,186 Posts
Is there an HID kit for a 2013 Hybrid?? I mean I know they're almost identical but I can't be sure. I certainly wouldn't know where to tap power from since the battery is in the trunk.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Is there an HID kit for a 2013 Hybrid?? I mean I know they're almost identical but I can't be sure. I certainly wouldn't know where to tap power from since the battery is in the trunk.
The kits are the same. We have sold several sets to hybrid owners.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima EX
8 Posts
Ordered my TRS conversion kit (6500k) and Cree stage two fogs. Can't wait for them to get in. This will be my first mod to my 15 Ex. Thanks go to David for helping me make an informed decision, one that I am confident in. Pretty sure the mod bug has got a hold of me. Thanks again... Daniel

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Ordered my TRS conversion kit (6500k) and Cree stage two fogs. Can't wait for them to get in. This will be my first mod to my 15 Ex. Thanks go to David for helping me make an informed decision, one that I am confident in. Pretty sure the mod bug has got a hold of me. Thanks again... Daniel
Hey Daniel, thank you very much for your order with us. Please post up a pic or two once installed.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Received my xb35 H11 (6000k) kit and 80w Cree fog kit. Got them installed today. Thanks David, for the rapid shipping and advice. I look forward to future business with you.
You are very welcome. Thank you for your order as well, and it was a pleasure doing business with you. The lighting on the front of your vehicle looks like it matches really well now. :thumbsup:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
If you have a '16 SXL, is there a reason to use these? How would they compare to the stock HIDs?
So if you have an SX-L, your vehicle already came equipped with factory HID lights.

This kit is designed for customers who do not have OEM HIDs and want to add HID lighting to their vehicle. ;)

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
104 Posts
I just ordered a set of these for my 2016 Optima LX (that comes with H7 bulbs stock....weird). Thanks Dave for answering all my questions and I had a lot.

I'll update with pictures once I install them.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I just ordered a set of these for my 2016 Optima LX (that comes with H7 bulbs stock....weird). Thanks Dave for answering all my questions and I had a lot.

I'll update with pictures once I install them.
Thank you for placing your order with us Bruce!

These just arrived in the mail, I can't wait to install them this weekend. Thanks again Dave!

View attachment 212058
Oh sweet, arrived pretty quickly to you. Thanks for posting up the picture as well, isn't it a nice looking kit? Comes with everything you could possibly need too!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
104 Posts

Oh sweet, arrived pretty quickly to you. Thanks for posting up the picture as well, isn't it a nice looking kit? Comes with everything you could possibly need too!
That it is, it looks like it came with three ballast, is that normal?

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Just my luck, the H7 bulb adapters don't fit the new HID bulbs. The HID bulbs are too big for the bulb adapters. I just ordered some new ones that say they're for the Forte but they have a bigger center to them so they should fit the new HID bulb's.

Why can't my car be normal like most of the other 2016...lol

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
104 Posts

The bulb adapters I have 20161006_222752.jpg 20161006_222905.jpg and the issue 20161006_222857.jpg I really hope these new ones work Screenshot_20161006-223123.jpg

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
That it is, it looks like it came with three ballast, is that normal?
Haha wow that is weird, nope should only come with (2) but looks like you'll have a spare for the future just in case.

Just my luck, the H7 bulb adapters don't fit the new HID bulbs. The HID bulbs are too big for the bulb adapters. I just ordered some new ones that say they're for the Forte but they have a bigger center to them so they should fit the new HID bulb's.

Why can't my car be normal like most of the other 2016...lol
Oh wow that sucks, you most likely would just need to dremel out the inner section just a little bit to make the room for them to fit.

The bulb adapters I have View attachment 212106 View attachment 212114 and the issue View attachment 212122 I really hope these new ones work View attachment 212130
Hope those work for you too! If not, like I said all you would need to do is slightly dremel out the inner section to make them fit.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
104 Posts

Oh wow that sucks, you most likely would just need to dremel out the inner section just a little bit to make the room for them to fit.
Funny you said that...I did just that today. I'm still going to wait to see if the other ones I ordered fit before I use these but just in case they don't. When there is a will there is a way...lol.

20161007_142719.jpg 20161007_142025.jpg

·
Registered
2014 kia Optima
340 Posts
Funny you said that...I did just that today. I'm still going to wait to see if the other ones I ordered fit before I use these but just in case they don't. When there is a will there is a way...lol.

View attachment 212154 View attachment 212162
That's exactly what I did to mine. Kdm headlights are both h7 .Works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
104 Posts
Ok, installed them tonight and I have a little bit of a weird light pattern at the top and I don't want to blind people. My garage door is yellow so don't mind the color.

Two pictures, one about 10 feet from the door and one about 3 feet from the door.

Any way to get rid of it?

But besides that they look awesome, so much brighter then my stocks!!!

20161009_031325.jpg 20161009_031434.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Kia Cadenza
141 Posts
Ok, installed them tonight and I have a little bit of a weird light pattern at the top and I don't want to blind people. My garage door is yellow so don't mind the color.

Two pictures, one about 10 feet from the door and one about 3 feet from the door.

Any way to get rid of it?

But besides that they look awesome, so much brighter then my stocks!!!

View attachment 212202 View attachment 212210
That light above the cutoff looks to be the "squirrel finder." It's a design in the projector to allow a little light above the cutoff so as to reflect road signs to make them visible. With an H7 halogen, this is not so much light, but with the HID, is allowing a lot more light through. I don't think you can get rid of it easily, it's a design feature of the projector. Only way would be to retrofit in a new projector.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
104 Posts
That light above the cutoff looks to be the "squirrel finder." It's a design in the projector to allow a little light above the cutoff so as to reflect road signs to make them visible. With an H7 halogen, this is not so much light, but with the HID, is allowing a lot more light through. I don't think you can get rid of it easily, it's a design feature of the projector. Only way would be to retrofit in a new projector.
Thanks, guess I'll live with it.

They are messing with the stereo quite a bit. Anyone know how I can shield them a little bit better?

81 - 100 of 119 Posts