Kia Optima Forums banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Man! These are nice. I definitely need to get this done asap. Were they plug and play or did you have to do wiring/splicing/all that good (intense lol) stuff. I am not really good and wiring, that being the reason why i have been hesitant on getting DRL, Rear Reflectors, and these.
Again, Nice lights
They are really nice. Let me know when you're ready!

All of these great items you can get them through David K5Store which is where I got most of my mods from.
Thanks Dino! ;)

HIDs are plug and play. The reflectors were easy. Little bit of wiring but if I did it anyone can. lol haven't done DRLs. Yes that's SX envy. But the DIYs on here are a huge help.
:iagree: +1

I ordered mine with 5K bulbs which I hope match half way decent with the cree fogs and swithbacks (when I get them installed)... If not guess I'll just order some 6K bulbs since it was spur of the moment cyber monday purchase at 11PM, LOL...
I think they will match pretty good. However 6k might match better. We'll see when you get them installed though. I can also swap the switchbacks for a different color if need be.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I think they will match pretty good. However 6k might match better. We'll see when you get them installed though. I can also swap the switchbacks for a different color if need be.
No worries bro as I chose the color so thats on me & getting different bulbs aint no thing... In fact my TRS Kit got here today!!! Now just to figure out where to mount everything & all the hookups... :banana:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
No worries bro as I chose the color so thats on me & getting different bulbs aint no thing... In fact my TRS Kit got here today!!! Now just to figure out where to mount everything & all the hookups... :banana:
Oh very cool! Let me know once you get everything installed.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Oh very cool! Let me know once you get everything installed.
Installed today, I think the 5K color matches the LED Fogs pretty good!

Now just to get the switchbacks installed to clean up the front lights even more!!!

Pics

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
^^ Turns out really good jtrade and I agreed the switchback will complete the front end, well with the DRL then you're killing it big time :D.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
^^ Turns out really good jtrade and I agreed the switchback will complete the front end, well with the DRL then you're killing it big time :D.
Thanks, switchbacks have already been prepped to install as Ive had em sitting for a while so may try to tackle that tomorrow... This is my fiance's vehicle & she wanted HIDs for her Birthday this year, so I had to jump on that first! Up until today she has been saying she doesnt want the Mirror Module but today she gave me the green light to install it so that will be done tomorrow as it has also been sitting for a while...

I told her the Nameless FSTB was her Christmas Present, LOL! But I think she will really like the difference in the vehicle with it installed...

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Thanks, switchbacks have already been prepped to install as Ive had em sitting for a while so may try to tackle that tomorrow... This is my fiance's vehicle & she wanted HIDs for her Birthday this year, so I had to jump on that first! Up until today she has been saying she doesnt want the Mirror Module but today she gave me the green light to install it so that will be done tomorrow as it has also been sitting for a while...

I told her the Nameless FSTB was her Christmas Present, LOL! But I think she will really like the difference in the vehicle with it installed...
Very nice, I'm sure she'll love it. I have the mirror module from David and it worked flawlessly so no curbs as of yet lol.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Very nice, I'm sure she'll love it. I have the mirror module from David and it worked flawlessly so no curbs as of yet lol.
I'm hoping it will be an as fast install than the FSTB which I know it will be... Been trying to convince her of letting me take the door off for some time now... I guess after the other MODs she trusts me enough now with her "Kiki"...

One things for sure, I don't mind driving it!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Looks really good Jared! Glad you got it all installed without any issues...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey David
Just wanted to let you know my RFS Hid's were installed this past Sunday and are working fine.Its the most patient I've been in a long time to get it accomplished but worth the wait.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Hey David
Just wanted to let you know my RFS Hid's were installed this past Sunday and are working fine.Its the most patient I've been in a long time to get it accomplished but worth the wait.
Excellent, glad to hear of yet another happy TRS HID customer!

·
Being awesome every day!
3,186 Posts
Just a thought so others dont run into the same problem I did: offer and tell people about the capacitor fix and then let them chose whether they wanna buy it or risk it and not get it. Seems like some cars need it and some don't. Just give customers a heads-up. :)

LOVE my HID's from TRS bought through K5OS!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Just a thought so others dont run into the same problem I did: offer and tell people about the capacitor fix and then let them chose whether they wanna buy it or risk it and not get it. Seems like some cars need it and some don't. Just give customers a heads-up. :)

LOVE my HID's from TRS bought through K5OS!
That's a great idea Mark. We're always open to feedback like this, and we have now changed the site so that every order includes a capacitor harness with it.

Glad you are enjoying them and of course we appreciate your business.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
351 Posts
WP_20140220_002.jpg WP_20140220_003.jpg

This is how my TRS HID kit truned out, really looks great on my Optima
thanks to David from K5Optima Store for the great service.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
big :thumbsup: for TRS brand HID lighting. still love mine
I love the guys over at TRS. I'm working with them to introduce a brand new product to the forums. :grin: :lipsrsealed:

·
Registered
2014 Optima
568 Posts
I just installed my TRS HID and am absolutely in love with it. I originally installed k5 cheaper hid set but wasn't happy with the quality. David allowed me to return it and I purchased the TRS kit from him. If you are considering buying an HID kit I could personally only recommend you spend the extra money and get the quality that you really want. The quality of the TRS kit is remarkable and is everything I wanted. So happy I ended up with the TRS kit and spent the extra money.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts