Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi was I’m wanting to make some improvements on my EX, without turbo, I was wondering what other options I have or what some of y’all have done with yours to make it just a bit faster

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
403 Posts
Unfortunately there is very little you can do without having turbo engine. You might see recommendations for intake, lightweight pulley, exhaust, etc. Those HP gains are more likely psychological IMHO. Wish I had better news.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately there is very little you can do without having turbo engine. You might see recommendations for intake, lightweight pulley, exhaust, etc. Those HP gains are more likely psychological IMHO. Wish I had better news.
Thank you, what is the best I can do with the exhaust setup? I was planning a muffler delete, because based off of what I’ve heard on YouTube it doesn’t sound too bad and is much cheaper than a whole exhaust system, but I’ve seen a lot of talk about a less restrictive mid pipe?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi was I’m wanting to make some improvements on my EX, without turbo, I was wondering what other options I have or what some of y’all have done with yours to make it just a bit faster
So I have a 2016 Optima lx and I have done alot to it performance wise, some may think its rice but for my age, and it being my first car, Its come along well. The mods I have done took my 0-60 down to 7 seconds flat and my car has over 100k miles. Heres all the mods I have and all of them I have seemed to have goodluck with, but the first thing you should do if you haven’t is the ecu update by kia, as you can have engine troubles down the road.
mods:
HPS Short ram intake with heat shield and hps filter
Throttle body spacer
NGK Irridium IX spark plugs
ADD W1 Catch can
Muffler delete (With the mid muffler kept on for back pressure)
18x8 wheels with Falken tires
and LEDs which are cosmetic but totally worth it
I have a throttle response controller (on the way)
And weeks when I feel like it, I use octane booster and lucas fuel injecter cleaner so my fuel system stays clean. Someone will probably dissagree with my methods but I take good care of my car and I always try to keep it up with standard maintnence and full synthetic oil. Maintnence is key for your car before any mods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I have a 2016 Optima lx and I have done alot to it performance wise, some may think its rice but for my age, and it being my first car, Its come along well. The mods I have done took my 0-60 down to 7 seconds flat and my car has over 100k miles. Heres all the mods I have and all of them I have seemed to have goodluck with, but the first thing you should do if you haven’t is the ecu update by kia, as you can have engine troubles down the road.
mods:
HPS Short ram intake with heat shield and hps filter
Throttle body spacer
NGK Irridium IX spark plugs
ADD W1 Catch can
Muffler delete (With the mid muffler kept on for back pressure)
18x8 wheels with Falken tires
and LEDs which are cosmetic but totally worth it
I have a throttle response controller (on the way)
And weeks when I feel like it, I use octane booster and lucas fuel injecter cleaner so my fuel system stays clean. Someone will probably dissagree with my methods but I take good care of my car and I always try to keep it up with standard maintnence and full synthetic oil. Maintnence is key for your car before any mods.
Thank you so much, how do I go about the ECU update? And what does it do exactly?

·
Registered
9 Posts
So on the 2.4 Liter Theta 2 engines, they had issues with connecting rod bearings failing and such, I don’t know if your optima may fall in that catagory but its a good idea to call your local dealer, and if they say you need to pay, don’t do it, its probably a scam as it should be free, and that is if you need it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.