Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can post plenty of slower ones if that would help out ;)

C'mon guys, this isn't about who's got the best slips. This is a TOOL

This is basically going to be our Performance University!!!!! Everything is learned in the 1/4 mile. Much more-so than any dyno comparison from one shop to another, from one car to another. Believe me, I've seen 350whp cars get smoked by 270whp Sonata's on the street strip.

PLEASE post anything you have - Even old stuff. I jut happened to have a recent pass, but I can post more. And I will continually bump this thread with more slips and info until some people start to join in on the fun!

And I would appreciate ANY and ALL members who are willing to help increase the performance participation on THIS FORUM!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heading out to a heads up drag racing event this Sunday.

Me and Isaac are prepared to lose. But, like he said, it's an opportunity to REP KDM. Like Breast Cancer, raising awareness ;)

Not to belittle Breast Cancer by any means. These cars should be recognized, so run these WRX's and Evo's off the road every chance you get. I enjoy it very well. Even if I lose, I usually get a thumbs up or a second/third run. That usually means they are thinking, WTH, why is he keeping up so well ??? Let me run him again, maybe something is wrong with my car lol

·
Registered
2011 kia optima
879 Posts
Heading out to a heads up drag racing event this Sunday.

Me and Isaac are prepared to lose. But, like he said, it's an opportunity to REP KDM. Like Breast Cancer, raising awareness ;)

Not to belittle Breast Cancer by any means. These cars should be recognized, so run these WRX's and Evo's off the road every chance you get. I enjoy it very well. Even if I lose, I usually get a thumbs up or a second/third run. That usually means they are thinking, WTH, why is he keeping up so well ??? Let me run him again, maybe something is wrong with my car lol
This is very true when I race. It's very funny

·
Registered
2012 & 2015 Kia Optima SX & SXL
945 Posts
I can post plenty of slower ones if that would help out ;)

C'mon guys, this isn't about who's got the best slips. This is a TOOL

This is basically going to be our Performance University!!!!! Everything is learned in the 1/4 mile. Much more-so than any dyno comparison from one shop to another, from one car to another. Believe me, I've seen 350whp cars get smoked by 270whp Sonata's on the street strip.

PLEASE post anything you have - Even old stuff. I jut happened to have a recent pass, but I can post more. And I will continually bump this thread with more slips and info until some people start to join in on the fun!

And I would appreciate ANY and ALL members who are willing to help increase the performance participation on THIS FORUM!!!!!!
Which 270whp Sonata smoked which 350whp car that you've seen?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is my best so far. Still working at it.

You and me would make a VERY good race. Pretty much be a RT determines the winner race.

This is very true when I race. It's very funny
I speaked da TRUTH
Which 270whp Sonata smoked which 350whp car that you've seen?
It's an SFR tuned Sonata out of Florida, running full bolt-ons, Custom WMI SFR tuned! It was a close race, but the Nast Nata won.
Grats to Iosef Hernandez for taking his car to Mexico for an almost imminent loss, and taking the EvoX down.

Dyno's mean NATA lol.
Do you guys think we can get closer to 12s? 300/300 set up?
Can't get much closer to the 12's than Isaac's run earlier this year of 13.08ET
I'm pretty sure both Isaac and Iosef are both making about 300whp - no BS. I mean, Iosef dyno'd locally in FL at 270+whp and he was running mid/high 13's at the track. Isaac was also running 13.5 prior to the last custom WMI tune. So how much WHP/TQ does it take to shave 0.30 - 0.50sec off the 1/4mile ? More than 30whp? Probably.

Those guys are chompin at the bit to find ways to shave more. It's been LOADS of fun this year and I know next year will be even more surprising!!!

You are definitely driving around in 12sec capable cars, and it doesn't take a ton of cash to get there.

·
Registered
2012 & 2015 Kia Optima SX & SXL
945 Posts
Lol. Dyno means nothing, especially when the dyno wasn't provided to show that number to begin with.

So from what he has ran... 350whp evo = 320whp 370z = 280whp Sonata w/ major weight loss + meth. 370Z does not put down 320whp with full exhaust on dynojet to begin with.
And he ran flat even with G37XS, w/ major weight loss + w/o meth.

Yeah, I'm very sure that evo puts down somewhere around 350whp. lol

The more I see those races with higher and higher #, it just sounds like EVO w/ Bolt-ons 300whp vs. 370z full exhaust 300whp vs. 280whp Sonata with major weight loss + meth. Now, that's probably more believable.

While he ran even with G37XS, which puts down ~280whp on dynojet, I highly doubt adding meth jumps to beat upto 350whp vehicles.

·
Registered
2011 kia optima
879 Posts
Well I raced my nephew to night. From the stops it was horrible. God I hate our 60 foots. Amy ways from a 20 roll I was half car up to 80 mph and then took off to about 2 1/2 cars. Not bad for my optima with 91 pump, catback, intake, occs, and btr tune. I need a lil more low end torque. He'll if I could build boost at the line these cars would be excellent. I'm running 20 psi on my btr, but it pulls great and hard from 3500 rpm to redline. Hmm any ideas for more low end power?

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Also what kind of weight were they taking out? Seats? Spare tire? I mean I'm on 20's so that **** don't help either.

·
Registered
2013 KIA OPTIMA
481 Posts
Well I raced my nephew to night. From the stops it was horrible. God I hate our 60 foots. Amy ways from a 20 roll I was half car up to 80 mph and then took off to about 2 1/2 cars. Not bad for my optima with 91 pump, catback, intake, occs, and btr tune. I need a lil more low end torque. He'll if I could build boost at the line these cars would be excellent. I'm running 20 psi on my btr, but it pulls great and hard from 3500 rpm to redline. Hmm any ideas for more low end power?

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Also what kind of weight were they taking out? Seats? Spare tire? I mean I'm on 20's so that **** don't help either.

What kind of car does your nephew have? Is it the 360hp evo you were referring to a couple post up?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
C2090, say what you want to say. Our cars make 270-280whp at 20psi of boost on a tune and bolt-ons.

What makes you think that on 24psi and a water/methanol injection system, that Iosef's Sonata isn't making a lot of power, especially on an E85 fuel blend?

Internet Stat Racing < Real Life ;)

Too many stat comparisons in that post. With cars, you cannot compare an apple to an orange on paper, but roll them down the highway, and you'll find out which one makes more power and is faster.

Crazy97Saturn, that's a good run! Keep laying the spank down, because these car owners who get smoked by a 4dr sedan that looks as good as it performs ALWAYS surprises people and the story gets told over and over. Eventually, maybe COBB hears a few stories and decides to take a look ;)

Water Methanol when tuned is very capable of increasing WHP by 40+ and Torque by 60+. On just about every platform I've seen with boost! It's not surprising it shaves 0.50 seconds off the 1/4mile and + 5-6mph trap speed.

Even without a tune, my car picked up a decent amount just from low temps.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

NOW is the SEASON to go to the strip and get your best 1/4mile times, it's nice and brisk outside and our boosted engines love the chill in the air!!!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts