Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Hey Tonester, mine is 142S4C

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Just talked to KIA service manager here in Austin and bad news is there is no going back. He said MapnSoft software is not managed or controllable by KIA once you update. So be wary of rolling the dice if your update is 142S4C! I'll update soon as I hear back from MapnSoft...

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Got email from MapnSoft tech a few min ago. Potential good news! He then said both my issues should be fixed, for the 142S4C issue and failed install on the 2014 hybrid (142S3).

"Thanks for your email.

A fix has been created and the IT department is just waiting on Hyundai Motors America approval to start shipping them out to effected customers.HMA has to verify that this is an actual fix. I will contact when we ship out your Sd card.

Thank you for your patience in this matter."

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,124 Posts
That's great news! At least that means they've acknowledged--even if only internally--that there is an issue with the firmware associated with p/n 142S4C--otherwise why would they go through the trouble of creating a fix so quickly?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
571 Posts
4 Things: (1) Do you guys want to start a "V14 New Features Noted - Questions" Thread for issues like (2)
(2) Does Your full-screen Map have the washed-out Olive Green Buttons & Blocks?
OR (3) In Setup/ Display/Adjust tab: WHAT do Hue, Contrast, and Saturation affect?
It seems a single, add-on Thread would Help & Hopefully we'd post just usable info of features, questions-answers - Vs - added posts of "Yea I like that, too", "I wish it were red", which create more reading but offer nothing.
(4) tonester, I can't find the Setting for Zoom Level per Speed Groups you mentioned. Where is it?

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
I'm game. I actually used that feature to set the three lowest speeds to 0.25 mile so at least I see something. I'll go look where it's at too.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,124 Posts
COS-16SXL--

Setup -> Navigation -> Display -> Auto Scale Settting

I believe Hue/Contrast/Saturation affects the camera(s) display; I say that because when the camera view is not active, I am unable to access Setup/DisplayAdjust to view the H/C/S settings...but I do remember seeing those settings when I turn on Camera view.

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
@COS-16SXL On mine it's in: Setup -> Navigation -> Guidance -> Auto Scale Setttings

Ok, just got a surprise package this morning from Fedex with the fixed map SD and it works as expected and zooms great! I didn't even have to reinstall the software, just put in the new SD and it read the updated maps. They also sent a return shipping label so I need to send back the faulty card at no expense. Good job fixing this MapnSoft!

Now I just need the update card for the Eco, no word on that fix yet.

·
Registered
Optima SXL
13 Posts
These jokers won't even answer my email or acknowledge their issue. Supervisor tells me they are waiting to hear back from Kia on what needs to be done.

@COS-16SXL On mine it's in: Setup -> Navigation -> Guidance -> Auto Scale Setttings

Ok, just got a surprise package this morning from Fedex with the fixed map SD and it works as expects and zooms great! I didn't even have to reinstall the software, just put in the new SD and it read the updated maps. They also sent a return shipping label so I need to send back the faulty card at no expense. Good job fixing this MapnSoft!

Now I just need the update card for the Eco, no word on that fix yet.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Kia Optima
576 Posts
The website is currently telling me an update is coming on 15 May and nothing is available right now.

This is not showing v14 though. Maybe 2013 is capped?

I actually clicked on 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2020 and they all start with version 13. I wonder if they started on version 0 and their version 14 starts with "13.".

Only 2009, 2010, 2014, 2018, 2019, and 2020 show available downloads. The remainder show like below.

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
These jokers won't even answer my email or acknowledge their issue. Supervisor tells me they are waiting to hear back from Kia on what needs to be done.

Sorry to hear that! Request the tech support rep named Jonathan. He is the one helping me. Maybe if you call the help line they can assign to him.

@Laguna I bet they are just working it out and will create soon. They seemed to be rushing these, probably since already almost mid-year. 2013 should most certainly be eligible for an update. Have you tried calling the tech support line to ask?

·
Super Moderator
2013 Kia Optima
576 Posts
@ Laguna I bet they are just working it out and will create soon. They seemed to be rushing these, probably since already almost mid-year. 2013 should most certainly be eligible for an update. Have you tried calling the tech support line to ask?
I was not looking for a new map update until I came to see what this thread was about. I only got more interested since you all said it was only $25! haha. I'll probably let it sit for a few months to ensure all kinks are worked out. Just wanted to provide more details of what I saw.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,124 Posts
The website is currently telling me an update is coming on 15 May and nothing is available right now.

This is not showing v14 though. Maybe 2013 is capped?

I actually clicked on 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2020 and they all start with version 13. I wonder if they started on version 0 and their version 14 starts with "13.".

Only 2009, 2010, 2014, 2018, 2019, and 2020 show available downloads. The remainder show like below.

View attachment 248317
What do you mean when you say that they "all start with version 13"? Just for grins I clicked on 2020 and I don't see any reference to a "Version 13"...not unless you were referring to the "NAM.13" in the Map Version field? I have found that the Map Version (aka NAM) number doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with the product version number (e.g., 142S5)--my V12.5 had map version NAM.11.xx while my V11.x had NAM 10.xx, and currently my V14 has NAM 13.xx.

Then again, Kia didn't make things any less confusing where on their main Map order page they reference the newest version as "Map Version 14". In any case, on my packing slip the item name is given as "KIA_OPTIMA_2018_US_14.0", with the Description (aka Part Number) showing "142S5_A"--given the presence of "14" in both names, they seem to jive with the new/upadate version being "Version 14"; upon install I go into Setup and it shows the "Map Version" as "NAM.13.41.42.xxx.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Kia Optima
576 Posts
What do you mean when you say that they "all start with version 13"? Just for grins I clicked on 2020 and I don't see any reference to a "Version 13"...not unless you were referring to the "NAM.13" in the Map Version field? I have found that the Map Version (aka NAM) number doesn't necessarily go in sync with the product version number--my V12.5 had map version NAM.11.xx while my V11.x had NAM 10.xx, and currently my V14 has NAM 13.xx.
Correct, that is what I was going off of. Nothing like a vendor to call something publicly as a certain version and then the actual version of the metadata is something different. The only time they can usually be one off is if version 0 in the metadata is version 1, so as you go up it's always one higher from the metadata version.

Back on track: Hopefully it stays $25. If so, may update every year compared to every 5 years.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,124 Posts
I'm guessing in your case it may have got pushed back to July 2020 (granted that was for the download option)...but then again it ain't May 15 yet, thus why the update for your year is not yet available regardless of which of SD card or download option is offered.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,101 Posts
Back when I contacted Mapnsoft about the missing update for my 2012 year, they said it's delayed a week or two for further testing/fixes. That was a little while ago, see earlier post I made about this.

I'm hoping they put the May 15 date as when they expect to finish the fixes, and if so, I'll order this right as soon as available.

I think the 2012 and 2013 Nav units are very similar, so they will probably release both versions on the same day.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,101 Posts
Update for the 2012 version (possibly others) - NOT available yet:

Mapnsoft Customer service said: "Please check back around the end of May to start of June to see if the update has released."

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been patiently waiting to update my NAV SD card because I discovered some time ago that there would be an update (v. 14) at some point in April. Well, the update is here. I went to order it expecting to pay something reverse image search email checker port checker like $175 for the SD card with shipping, but it appears the update is currently selling for only $25 with your choice of 4 different shipping methods.

Seems too good to be true, but consider me sold. For those looking to update, now's your chance. I have the original 2015 software on mine as it was never updated from the previous owner, so I can't wait to get my hands on it.
I have no clue why the price change from $150 to $25, it's weird and I hope works out for us all

41 - 60 of 69 Posts