Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Alright...update. So I got both cards, one for my 2015 SXL and one for my wife's 2014 Eco Hybrid and the SXL worked like a champ. Sadly the Eco failed. I have had constant trouble finding the right parts for Eco since owning. I think it was a late year version so it's really a 2015 but I can't call it that. Anyway I talked to Mapnsoft rep and he asked for some pics of the fail and of the current software version so they can sort out what went wrong. I'll update on this later. For the SXL the maps look a little more Apple-ish, kinda bubbly now. I have not played with it much yet but I do have streets in my new neighborhood instead of a field!! I did also notice it added the Android and Apple Play which I didn't before. there are a few more options that I will check out soon. Hope all of you getting these have good luck with the install. It's a great deal and legit!!

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Ok, hold off of this update till I get some feedback from Mapnsoft. I found out that even though my SXL loaded the update fine I am getting no road or street data at 700 feet scale and less. Over that I can see the roads but zoomed in, nothing shows. I am actually quite pissed and started a new help ticket with them. Let me know if any of you that also did this new map have the same issue. I'll update once I hear something back.
20200501_195856.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
571 Posts
Found it, although it does mention that A) download option (when it becomes available) is limited to newer models; and B) the scheduled release for the download option is July 2020 (pushed back from May 15, apparently).

As far as new V14 features--I'm particularly interested in the Server Based Routing feature; namely, what happens if you have a poor connection when you perform an address search--does the nav unit intelligently revert back to performing the search within its built-in address database or does it hang/wait?
The FAQ Routing section data you ref says you need an Active UVO subscription for Server-based routing. Nobody has mentioned that they do, but do you? If Yes, I'd just call 888-757-0010 & ask - Surely your suggested revert-back scenario is true.......

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
571 Posts
Ok, hold off of this update till I get some feedback from Mapnsoft. I found out that even though my SXL loaded the update fine I am getting no road or street data at less that 700 feet scale. Over that I can see the roads but zoomed in, nothing shows. I am actually quite pissed and started a new help ticket with them. Let me know if any of you that also did this new map have the same issue. I'll update once I hear something back. View attachment 248224
My '16 SXL shows typical Street mapping, etc at 300 ft. - At least it's Not a Critical format for most.
I had a Map-Only update from v13, so logically there could be better glitch chances coming from a much earlier Ver.
Try holding dn Auto 300 ft Btn to turn off Auto , play with + & - & see if THAT mattters....
Sppt Tkt best ....

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,101 Posts
Another option is to do a full reset and reinstall.

My 2012 SX has an older Navi system (not UVO), but I recall back in 2014 when I installed the map update the first time, it was glitchy. But, when I did a reset and reinstall, of the very same map update, there was no glitching and the problem was solved.

So, if you see issues, see if you can do a factory reset of the nav unit and reinstall the software. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling then do the factory reset.

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Another option is to do a full reset and reinstall.

My 2012 SX has an older Navi system (not UVO), but I recall back in 2014 when I installed the map update the first time, it was glitchy. But, when I did a reset and reinstall, of the very same map update, there was no glitching and the problem was solved.

So, if you see issues, see if you can do a factory reset of the nav unit and reinstall the software. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling then do the factory reset.
Well, I tried to do a reinstall and it tells me I've already got the latest. Even if I do a "reset" on the nav it says the same thing. Do you have a trick for restoring to a previous version? It also flat out tells me the original SD can not be used as it's outdated now.

Update: Finally got it to reinstall and same issue : ( I'm waiting to hear back from tech support, prob Mon or Tue...

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
571 Posts
After v14 install Chk your Saved Nav Addresses - 25/30 are OK but in a certain zip code region the Street of one friend was inserted into other Saved addresses in that area, OR the address has just the City (or Wrong City) but No Street address -- & Cannot Find results after clk'ing Go. + Edit on these has the Street grayed-out so no change can occur.
Del & Re-enter not a huge deal but Will explore Monday with MNS rep. (EDIT: Rep noted issue but said they would monitor for similar/try to Duplicate, and I need not send any data in.)

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,124 Posts
Jezter--hmmm that (zoom issue) doesn't sound very reassuring; however, I suppose if I were the optimistic type I could hope that the issue doesn't happen in my case since the P/N for 2018-2020 is 142S5_A while for 2015-2017 it's 142S4_C--meaning it's possible that the firmware between the two versions may be slightly different.

COS-16SXL--IIRC UVO "subscription" is offered/available only for 2019+ so I suppose my concern about SBR may be a moot point if indeed a UVO subscription is required in order to utilize SBR. Speaking of subscription--don't even get me started on their "pay to play" subscription model in order to use cool features like remote start and interior cooling/heating via the UVO app in 2019+ models.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,124 Posts
My order showed up Sunday but I didn't have a chance to install it that day due to my daughter having driven the car to work. Fast-forward to Monday--install went without a hitch, did not experience the "no data/street display at 300 ft." issue that Jezter experienced; I believe that when zoom is set to Auto the default zoom level when going <20 mph or when at a standstill is 300 ft.--in any case the map display at that zoom level wasn't blank in my case, as it did display my street and the surrounding streets. Speaking of zoom level--V14 includes a new feature where you can change the default zoom level for individual speed ranges; the ranges are 0-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81+ mph.

Personally I prefer the look of the V13 map graphics compared to that of the V14 but it is what it is...

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
My order showed up Sunday but I didn't have a chance to install it that day due to my daughter having driven the car to work. Fast-forward to Monday--install went without a hitch, did not experience the "no data/street display at 300 ft." issue that Jezter experienced; I believe that when zoom is set to Auto the default zoom level when going <20 mph or when at a standstill is 300 ft.--in any case the map display at that zoom level wasn't blank in my case, as it did display my street and the surrounding streets. Speaking of zoom level--V14 includes a new feature where you can change the default zoom level for individual speed ranges; the ranges are 0-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81+ mph.

Personally I prefer the look of the V13 map graphics compared to that of the V14 but it is what it is...
Good to hear others are working so far. I am still waiting to hear back from tech support. I had to send them pics of the scales that show nothing. Ugh...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I just got back in from installing mine and it seems to have worked without any issues, thankfully. It'a nice to be able to change the hands-free command volume now, it was nowhere to be found on my ancient version.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,124 Posts
Good to hear others are working so far. I am still waiting to hear back from tech support. I had to send them pics of the scales that show nothing. Ugh...
Does the zoom issue occur at all zoom levels 700ft and below, no matter what part of the city/county/state/whatever your car is physically located? Hopefully the issue is software and not hardware (i.e., corrupt chip or other electronic component in the nav unit)...

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Exactly, does not matter where, 700ft and below blank screen. Looks and works as expected at 0.25 mile. Luckily not driving much lately so I try not to think about it 😜. I wrote tech support again today and asked if I could just have the 2019 map and no reply yet.

·
Registered
Optima SXL
13 Posts
Exactly, does not matter where, 700ft and below blank screen. Looks and works as expected at 0.25 mile. Luckily not driving much lately so I try not to think about it 😜. I wrote tech support again today and asked if I could just have the 2019 map and no reply yet.
I am getting the blank screen and also a message unable to route so I have to take videos to send to proceed with my case.

Jezter just checked and same here at .25 and under maps display it's just the routing that does not work.

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Just sucks. They should have known all this before hand. Can you guys using the Android Auto check if the icon on the car nav screen is selectable and what it does? I have the icon but its always grayed out. Android Auto works from the ph to the car and I like it since it's really fast connect and plays music from ph where it left off last time. I am not able to mirror maps from the ph to the car though or load any apps to the car except Kia Yelp (?last app I need in a car?). Still no reply from tech support.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,124 Posts
Jezter and petahs--which part # was your V14 order...was it 142S4? Just trying to see if there's common denominator to give you folks some more ammunition in arguing that the issue isn't an end-user one.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts