3,396 Posts
Saw the Sonata with the 2.4 and Magnaflow before so:
Here's one with just the Magnaflow muffler:
This one resonator removed and Magnaflow muffler:

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,396 Posts
Hey, you're working with a 4 banger and that certainly is going to rumble like a V8.
Some of the aftermarket exhaust systems for the Turbo don't sound too bad, but the turbo will silence the exhaust somewhat, and they do have dual exhaust.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,396 Posts
I'm a poor person to ask as I'm pretty particular about exhaust notes and
not many newer cars have what I deem acceptable............But that's just me,
and you're the one that's going to listen to it when driving, so you be the judge.

·
Registered
2015 SX-T SWP, 2012 EX, Spicy Red
73 Posts
Anyone know how it will sound if I just put on magnaflow mufflers on my 2015 lx?
It will sound better if you just do the whole catback system. It will put a huge smile on your face, as this system is designed JUST FOR YOUR CAR. I drove mine after it was installed. No bone jarring droning on the highway. It you put your foot in it though, it sings like half a V8, with a singing kind of resonance. It says "tuned so don't screw with me"

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
It will sound better if you just do the whole catback system. It will put a huge smile on your face, as this system is designed JUST FOR YOUR CAR. I drove mine after it was installed. No bone jarring droning on the highway. It you put your foot in it though, it sings like half a V8, with a singing kind of resonance. It says "tuned so don't screw with me"
100% agreed!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
26 Posts
I had a muffler delete on my 2012 2.4L and I thought it sounded good. The only downside was it droned pretty bad. I ended up buying some magnaflow mufflers to put on it but never got around to putting them on. If you’d want I’d give you a deal on them.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,486 Posts
Anyone know how it will sound if I just put on magnaflow mufflers on my 2015 lx?
There are a ton of YouTube videos with Magnaflow exhausts on optima cars. You just need to use the search feature. its by far the most popular exhaust for our cars and a good reason why. And dear god, do not do a muffler delete, sound like **** and drone like a mofo (on a 4 banger)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
26 Posts
There are a ton of YouTube videos with Magnaflow exhausts on optima cars. You just need to use the search feature. its by far the most popular exhaust for our cars and a good reason why. And dear god, do not do a muffler delete, sound like **** and drone like a mofo (on a 4 banger)
That last part was a little unnecessary don’t ya think?

·
Registered
2015 SX-T SWP, 2012 EX, Spicy Red
73 Posts
I had a muffler delete on my 2012 2.4L and I thought it sounded good. The only downside was it droned pretty bad. I ended up buying some magnaflow mufflers to put on it but never got around to putting them on. If you’d want I’d give you a deal on them.
You can drive without noise suppression legally? Not that many performance cars straddle the line of what is legal and what is not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If these fit my 2013 Optima ex I’ll take them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts